Ohio Riders Unofficial Mid-Ohio Track Day - August 21, 2017

TimTheAzn

Unofficial Mid-Ohio Track Day what day works for You?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Unofficial Mid-Ohio Track Day what day works for You?

• May 14(Sun)
    • May 15(Mon)
    • June 5(Mon)
    • Jun19(Mon)
    • July 10(Mon)
    • Aug 21(Mon)

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, Isaac's Papa said:

No need to avoid June. The real riders will be fucking shit up in the mountains to the tune of 2k+ miles while you ladies trailer bikes to play in your safe space. 

I'm avoiding June because some asshat has talking me in to riding a bicycle up the Cherohala Skyway on the 18th.

• Upvote 2

I voted for August but am game for what ends up working for most folks.  Again, voting for a garage or two.  I'll see if Dad will come up, he may ride, but he'd certainly bring his camera bag and take pictures.  Below is one he took from his first time at Mid-O last year and my second trip on the big bike.

14242395_10207606983518898_6514917638778357260_o.jpg

1 minute ago, jacobhawkins said:

My understanding is yes, but with a good camera and lenses you can do pretty well without encroaching on the restrictions.

I never saw them when I was there last year. No signs saying where I should look for shots or anything.

If we get a date nailed down for sure I can get in touch with a professional photographer friend of mine and see if he would be able to cover the day for us. He mostly travels with bands but he was just out in nevada at some private track for some kind of car track day event for the super filthy rich or something. He does both video and still. 

I'd want to toss him some $$ if he came out though. 

**put in PTO request for the current winning day. Turns out it doesn't overlap anything as of right now \o/

Edited by what

Alrighty guys, next week sometime I'm going to.. (wow just noticed a close race between May 14 and Aug 21) close the poll.

For the Aug 21 guys, is that May 14 a hard no? It's a sunday. Which is good and bad, it's early in the season, but it's also the only weekend track day so who knows if it'll be crowded or not.

14 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Alrighty guys, next week sometime I'm going to.. (wow just noticed a close race between May 14 and Aug 21) close the poll.

For the Aug 21 guys, is that May 14 a hard no? It's a sunday. Which is good and bad, it's early in the season, but it's also the only weekend track day so who knows if it'll be crowded or not.

Depends on if I do one of these dumb bicycle rides with @Isaac's Papa or not. I will also be a huge weather watch for me.

11 minutes ago, blue03636 said:

Depends on if I do one of these dumb bicycle rides with @Isaac's Papa or not. I will also be a huge weather watch for me.

Knowing @Isaac's Papa , he'll figure out when the mid-o day is and he will schedule that dumb bi-sexual ride the same day.

I'll also poach the weather, thats why I got certs :D

Edited by TimTheAzn

15 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Knowing @Isaac's Papa , he'll figure out when the mid-o day is and he will schedule that dumb bi-sexual ride the same day.

I'll also poach the weather, thats why I got certs :D

There is a ride that weekend but it may be Saturday. Then to decide if I want to ride a motorcycle the day after 100 miles on a bicycle.

18 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

Sunday the 14th is a hard no for me, I'm coaching.