Ohio Riders Unofficial Mid-Ohio Track Day - August 21, 2017

TimTheAzn

Unofficial Mid-Ohio Track Day what day works for You?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Unofficial Mid-Ohio Track Day what day works for You?

• May 14(Sun)
    • May 15(Mon)
    • June 5(Mon)
    • Jun19(Mon)
    • July 10(Mon)
    • Aug 21(Mon)

This poll is closed to new votes

22 minutes ago, Qman said:

Wanna see how it does up against my GSA?  :D 

I went from my K1200RS to my FJR, and the FJR could run circles around it. I've never ridden a GS though. (Too Short, Not a fan of Starbucks :lol:)

Edited by JustinNck1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

I have 80 crank horsepower that says you're Bavarian steed blows up before it catches my Desmo. 

Wanna dance old man? :p 

Can i remove the extremely aerodynamic panniers, top box, and put the windscreen in the Low position first???

3 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

I went from my K1200RS to my FJR, and the FJR could run circles around it. I've never ridden a GS though. (Too Short, Not a fan or Starbucks :lol:)

You'd likely be surprised how well a GS handles.  I was a skeptic until I test-rode the 09 that I then purchased.  Coming from sporty bikes, i was not expecting how well they perform.  And with the telelever, you can brake very hard without upsetting the chassis.  I had a 04 FJR and rode it to California and back.  I learned to hate that bike on that trip.  A couple years later i took the GS to New Mexico.  Wow.  So much nicer.  I know there have been many upgrades to the FJR over the years, so I'm sure the new ones are lightyears ahead.  Anyhow, I'm hooked. :)

1 minute ago, Qman said:

You'd likely be surprised how well a GS handles.  I was a skeptic until I test-rode the 09 that I then purchased.  Coming from sporty bikes, i was not expecting how well they perform.  And with the telelever, you can brake very hard without upsetting the chassis.  I had a 04 FJR and rode it to California and back.  I learned to hate that bike on that trip.  A couple years later i took the GS to New Mexico.  Wow.  So much nicer.  I know there have been many upgrades to the FJR over the years, so I'm sure the new ones are lightyears ahead.  Anyhow, I'm hooked. :)

Yeah the telelever took me some getting used to on the K-Bike. It was nice to have when I blew out a fork seal around Hawks Nest WV and was able to make it home, still handle ok, just make a huge mess.

1 hour ago, Isaac's Papa said:

You can lower the windscreen on the back straight, but I want it raised before you hit the esses. You had to have your gadgets. You're stuck with them. 

I say raise it coming into china beach to help him slow down. Like using flaps.

Edited by TimTheAzn
  • Upvote 3

Just now, Isaac's Papa said:

It has full-time flaps. What do you think those giant blocks of aluminum on the side of the engine actually do? They also double as canteens when you try to cross a river. Never can have too much water on a long ride. 

I thought he was taking those off!

Sounds like BMW didn't do a very good job of sealing their pontoons for river crossings.

18 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

I'd imagine so! I don't think there would be a problem with that so long as it is in good working order and passes tech and you have the correct riding gear! Though, I've heard Mid-O rents suits.

I've got a bright green Teknic suit somewhere. Some poor bloke lost an entire herd of cattle just to make it though. Thsoe damned 54/64 suits are hard as hell to come by....

19 hours ago, thompsonian said:

Can I take the bags off the FJR have a go round?

Last time i did a track day, some guy brought his old Triumph Trophy, and left the panniers on.  I just kept thinking "WHY"!

'Course that wouldn't be nearly as embarrassing as the poor bastard with the Vrod that day.  It grenaded on the back straight!!!

42 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

@Casper @2talltim @Isaac's Papa @Tonik

Are you able to create a poll on this thread with May 14(Sun), May 15(Mon), June 5(Mon), Jun19(Mon), July 10(Mon), Aug 21(Mon)?

Mods can't, but maybe Casper can but he might blow it up too. Wonder what would happen if you created another topic and I merged them.  Go for it, worth a try, can't be any worse than what Casper would do.

1 minute ago, Tonik said:

Didn't know you had replaced it yet.

It's not in my possession until the first weekend in feb due to our schedules. But I have the cash sitting and a bike being held for me. So technically you are right I guess.

9 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

It's not in my possession until the first weekend in feb due to our schedules. But I have the cash sitting and a bike being held for me. So technically you are right I guess.

So technically you do not own a bike. Or a pool table.

• Upvote 2