Ohio Riders Unofficial Mid-Ohio Track Day - August 21, 2017

TimTheAzn

Unofficial Mid-Ohio Track Day what day works for You?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Unofficial Mid-Ohio Track Day what day works for You?

• May 14(Sun)
    • May 15(Mon)
    • June 5(Mon)
    • Jun19(Mon)
    • July 10(Mon)
    • Aug 21(Mon)

This poll is closed to new votes

4 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

LOL jesus. You dont need to replace all that. Maybe your helmet, although I dont think you hit your head in that pea-gravel. Maybe a bar end. Boots, gloves, suit should be fine.

But I get where you are coming from, still sounds greedy.....

Aiming high and willing to settle.  I know they are going to try and beat me down on costs, but ultimately they are responsible because they're knowingly let me buy a faulty product. 

Edited by DerekClouser

3 minutes ago, DerekClouser said:

Aiming high and willing to settle.  I know they are going to try and beat me down on costs, but ultimately they are responsible because their knowingly let me buy a faulty product. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Tonik said:

I will give the coaches credit, they kept her out of our way pretty much.

It seemed a little scary to watch her go by at a snail's pace and agreed, they did a good job with everyone especially since it was a max capacity group that day.  I thought for sure there might be trouble since the track was full of people.

9 minutes ago, Tonik said:

I will give the coaches credit, they kept her out of our way pretty much.

Casper and I had one of them at Putnum last month and towards the end of the day it got very sketchy! People were literally stuffing their front wheel in to get around her, I understand the fact its novice and everyone should be able to ride but for someone like that they should put a coach with them full time for safety.

6 minutes ago, bowdog said:

Casper and I had one of them at Putnum last month and towards the end of the day it got very sketchy! People were literally stuffing their front wheel in to get around her, I understand the fact its novice and everyone should be able to ride but for someone like that they should put a coach with them full time for safety.

After the first session (possibly second) they gave her a dedicated female coach.  The first lap we almost had a 30 bike pileup on the front straight because we literally almost came to a complete stop on the front straight as a result of her.  

Yea, I had never really seen anything like it. People coming into China Beach and the following right and left handers, they were almost stopped dead on the track. I had a pretty good vantage point from where I was sitting on the hill.

1 hour ago, TimTheAzn said:

Yea, I had never really seen anything like it. People coming into China Beach and the following right and left handers, they were almost stopped dead on the track. I had a pretty good vantage point from where I was sitting on the hill.

That was the group Jacob, Jamie and I were in... we were REALLY on the brakes so as to not hit her... lol.

Thank god for the bump to I-group. 

1 hour ago, jschaf said:

That's obscene.  We almost go faster than that on the street.

Believe me when I tell you, I go faster on average with bad traffic on the way to work that this person was going with open track in front of her on the back straight. It was unsafe imo, but what are you gonna tell someone doing their first track day? It's a hard balancing act between safety and letting everyone enjoy track time no matter the skill level. 

With that said, I have never seen anything like that before.

Most of you had a coach named Chris, right?

https://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1187743#post1187743

"Questions from the Ohio riders thread.

The black flag means continue around the track at pace and pit in. Have a stop in hot pit at the start finish tower. Issues will be addressed.

The debris flag pointed at you and flung over the shoulder means; raise hand, get offline, slow to speed safe to leave track surface, get out of impact zone, signal corner worker you are ok. 

Red flag means; session is stopping, no passing, raise hand, slow to safe "freeway" speed and continue to pit in. The exception to this is if you miss all 3 checker flag stations. :\ They will red flag you on the front straight to pit in at the exit of hot pit. They will only do this if there is only 1 rider on the track. If multiple riders take a victory lap, they allow them to continue based on their space apart.

Safety trumps ALL!"

Mon. - Coached N group (the guys pictured in the linked thread) and above. They were a great group and stuck with me the entire day. Made amazing progress throughout the day. I believe I had just as much fun coaching and riding with them as they did riding and having a good time throughout the day. My bike was still down waiting on fork parts, so another buddy saves my day buy allowing me to ride his B bike. Gixxer 750. That is why I am not on my r6 in the photos. Bike problems aside, it was one of the most fun days I have had coaching. You just can't beat good groups of riders that embrace the "school" part of the day, take the time to learn and apply new skills to make them better and SAFER riders. Props to them....

Awesome bullsh*t session at garage 26 until 2am! Finally hit the sack after that.

Oh! Ran outta gas on the 750! lol! Hauled to paddock by safety, trip #1. I blame riding during an eclipse. rolleyes.gif"