Ohio Riders Unofficial Mid-Ohio Track Day - August 21, 2017

TimTheAzn

Unofficial Mid-Ohio Track Day what day works for You?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Unofficial Mid-Ohio Track Day what day works for You?

• May 14(Sun)
    • May 15(Mon)
    • June 5(Mon)
    • Jun19(Mon)
    • July 10(Mon)
    • Aug 21(Mon)

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, F4iguy said:

Me getting passed by Nathan @Limitedslip7 (third bike - white R6).  Then trying to keep up for a lap.  Also a shot from his camera right before the pass.  Need to work on my BP.

Looks like I need to get my torso out there further, not to mention me blowing the apex before the keyhole... You were looking good out there though! 

Yep. K&N are banned at Mid-o. They turned down like 8 people today at tech. Someone did a run to a part store and bought a bunch of filters. My buddy was lucky enough to use one of them and get out. Only missed the first session today. 

They should have called people or posted it. I feel bad for the people that didn't get to run today. They better be getting a refund. 

3 minutes ago, ludwb675 said:

They should have called people or posted it. I feel bad for the people that didn't get to run today. They better be getting a refund. 

+1

You cant change the rules and not tell anyone until they get there.

Edited by Tonik

I would have failed tech when I went in July. I just changed my oil recently and installed a K & N. I had heard rumors of issues but this thread and the failure thread have me freaking out. 

35 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Yea the guy was sharing his pics on the C14 FB page. I would like to do a track day some time but it won'tt be on the big girl. For multiple reasons the main ones being she's the only bike I have right now and I don't want to fuck it up. and two is the obvious, even though you can track it does not mean you should. 

13 hours ago, DerekClouser said:

At least I've become a martyr.  Definitely going to be contacting K&N and telling them they need to reimburse me for the damages to all my equipment.  

on rsv's (cartridge) the bypass valve was failing, they paid somebodies engine rebuild...

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?303710-K-amp-N-Oil-Filter-Failure

And if they don't ban the filters what's their liability if half the field goes down?

Edited by motocat12

1 minute ago, motocat12 said:

on rsv's (cartridge) the bypass valve was failing, they paid somebodies engine rebuild...

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?303710-K-amp-N-Oil-Filter-Failure

I've sent an email saying they need to reimburse me to replace my helmet, boots, gloves, suit, fairings, slipon, and bar end.  Fortunately doesn't appear to be any engine damage.  Took her out today and bike seems like normal. 

6 hours ago, DerekClouser said:

I've sent an email saying they need to reimburse me to replace my helmet, boots, gloves, suit, fairings, slipon, and bar end.  Fortunately doesn't appear to be any engine damage.  Took her out today and bike seems like normal. 

Good luck and glad to hear the bike seems ok.

10 hours ago, motocat12 said:

And if they don't ban the filters what's their liability if half the field goes down?

I have no issue with them banning the filters. But they should have sent out a mass message to everyone that was preregistered stating so before morning of tech inspection. Give people a chance to change it out the day before. 

I would be super pissed even with a refund. Still wasted my time loading the bike day before, using a vacation day i can't get back, my time and gas driving down and back. 

It is what is it is now at this point. Hopefully it'll be a learning point for their communications team. 

15 hours ago, DerekClouser said:

LOL jesus. You dont need to replace all that. Maybe your helmet, although I dont think you hit your head in that pea-gravel. Maybe a bar end. Boots, gloves, suit should be fine.

But I get where you are coming from, still sounds greedy.....