Ohio Riders Unofficial Mid-Ohio Track Day - August 21, 2017

TimTheAzn

Unofficial Mid-Ohio Track Day what day works for You?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Unofficial Mid-Ohio Track Day what day works for You?

• May 14(Sun)
    • May 15(Mon)
    • June 5(Mon)
    • Jun19(Mon)
    • July 10(Mon)
    • Aug 21(Mon)

This poll is closed to new votes

Im not too worried about it to be honest. Track may just lose some temp and go away some. 

I should have my toy hauler there sunday night if anyone needs a place to crash. Not sure what time I will be there as I will be at pirc that Saturday and Sunday. 

18 hours ago, Jester_ said:

I should have my toy hauler there sunday night if anyone needs a place to crash. Not sure what time I will be there as I will be at pirc that Saturday and Sunday. 

I plan on doing the Twilight Sunday night.  Will probably be in the upper paddock until that is done.  Hopefully, we can get an area all together.  I'll bring my tent, but if you have bunk space available, I would appreciate crashing there.

2 hours ago, i-Zapp said:

really slacking on my trackdays this year. considering catching up with 3 TRACKS IN 3 DAYS!  8>}

PTR on Sat, Nelsons on Sun, and MidO on Mon.

Just need kitchen clearance.......

I don't think I would be able to even move after two track days in a row, let along three...

7 minutes ago, Blitz said:

How does this work? Does everyone usually get there Sunday and spend the night, so they're ready early Monday morning? Tents? Sleep in cars?

I usually drive down in the morning since i'm only hour and twenty minutes from the track. A lot of people that live farther away camp the night before. They allow you to camp in tents or campers in the upper paddock i believe. 

44 minutes ago, Blitz said:

How does this work? Does everyone usually get there Sunday and spend the night, so they're ready early Monday morning? Tents? Sleep in cars?

I always drive up in the morning and try to be there about 6:45-7am. Tech starts at 7, rider's meeting is at 8. Sessions start anywhere between 8:30 and 9. Each session runs 20 minutes.

Session order is:

Intermediate

Advanced

Novice

Edited by what

Just now, what said:

I always drive up in the morning and try to be there about 6:45-7am. Tech starts at 7, rider's meeting is at 8. Sessions start anywhere between 8:30 and 9. 

Session order is:

Intermediate

Advanced

Novice

So you're trailering Andy? Do the Columbus guys want to meet somewhere for breakfast?

42 minutes ago, jacobhawkins said:

Also, are we getting together on a garage or two or three?  Who all has actually signed up at this point?

I am signed up, or at least have contacted the track. What is the cost on a garage?

Edited by Blitz

47 minutes ago, jacobhawkins said:

Also, are we getting together on a garage or two or three?  Who all has actually signed up at this point?

5 minutes ago, Blitz said:

I am signed up, or at least have contacted the track. What is the cost on a garage?

I am signed up.  I believe it's 50$ for the day. 

1 hour ago, jacobhawkins said:

Hopefully I can rope you into picking my ass up again.  I'll order a proper chock tonight...

I can swing by Sunday evening to load up your Daytona. I fly back Sunday morning and will be back in Columbus around 12pm, will then need to load the CBR and pack all my stuff. 

1 hour ago, jacobhawkins said:

28 minutes ago, Blitz said:

$50, can fit 4 bikes comfortably, 5 bikes if you don't mind a tight fit. I'll give Mid O a call tomorrow and see how full the day is looking. If it's empty I'll just do a walk-up like usual... if it's got a good number of people I'll reserve a spot. 

Edited by what
  • Upvote 1

FAIR WARNING

I just called Mid O and they are at 30/35 registered spaces for Novice group and 10/40 for Intermediate.

If you are not Intermediate or Advanced group (you will know if you are) and have not registered yet and still plan to go, I would recommend signing up ASAP.

Walk-ups are not a good idea when things are this crowded. 

My guess is that a few from Novice will bump to Intermediate to clear the field a bit, so to speak. (this will NOT allow for more novice riders, it will just open up the track a bit in novice for those already signed up).

See you fella's (and ladies?) there!

Edited by what

5 hours ago, what said:

My guess is that a few from Novice will bump to Intermediate to clear the field a bit, so to speak. 

Thanks for posting this up.  Btw, if a bump from novice to intermediate happens mid day, it will not mean new folks can sign up at that point, it will just have a less crowded track.  Going to be a perfect day.  @Tonik, you coming to this?

52 minutes ago, jacobhawkins said:

Thanks for posting this up.  Btw, if a bump from novice to intermediate happens mid day, it will not mean new folks can sign up at that point, it will just have a less crowded track.  Going to be a perfect day.  @Tonik, you coming to this?

No, not going to make this one. I need more miles on it first.

Novice is a structured all day program. There is really not a way to evaluate and bump from Novice mid day. Not saying it can't happen, it just doesn't really work that way. You just get it under your belt and sign up in Intermediate your next day if you're ready. Intermediate is really the only group that Mid day bumps are practical 

27 minutes ago, MidgetTodd said:

Novice is a structured all day program. There is really not a way to evaluate and bump from Novice mid day. Not saying it can't happen, it just doesn't really work that way. You just get it under your belt and sign up in Intermediate your next day if you're ready. Intermediate is really the only group that Mid day bumps are practical 

They've been bumping people mid-day the last couple I've been to. If you ask for an evaluation and the CR says you're good to go they will move you up. 

But yes, novice is a full-day thing and they will not start new people into intermediate just because novice is full. 

1 hour ago, Tonik said:

No, not going to make this one. I need more miles on it first.

That's a shame. Novice isn't balls-to-the-wall pace, there are groups all the way from cruiser speed to running mid 1:50's. I will say that I had never ridden my Ducati until my first track day on it, lets you learn the bike really fast.

:) 

Edited by what

Ok, confirmed going are:

Jacobhawkins

what

F4iguy

Jester_

vf1000ride

DerekClouser

J_Copeland

Blitz

Trackbikez

tonik

Limitedslip7

i-Zapp

my non-OR buddy on an sv1k

Maybes/expressed interest:

TimtheAzn (!?!?!?!?)

MidgetTodd

Casper

TwiztedRabbit

Flashesbuck

Steiny

Corrections welcome, trying to get a head count.  Based on confirmed folks, looks like we could get by with 2 garages at most, I know some folks have nice rigs already and wouldn't need a spot in a garage.

Edited by jacobhawkins