Ohio Riders Unofficial Mid-Ohio Track Day - August 21, 2017

TimTheAzn

Unofficial Mid-Ohio Track Day what day works for You?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Unofficial Mid-Ohio Track Day what day works for You?

• May 14(Sun)
    • May 15(Mon)
    • June 5(Mon)
    • Jun19(Mon)
    • July 10(Mon)
    • Aug 21(Mon)

This poll is closed to new votes

14 minutes ago, ricer1 said:

Derek, that was a good save, considering the speed it wasn't that bad. Great seeing everyone yesterday. 

It was great to see you yesterday John!  

Good job to everyone participating yesterday - and to those that bumped up.  I had fun just hanging out with everyone.  Good times.

• Beer 1

39 minutes ago, OSUYZFR1 said:

Nice, I kept asking if they had got you the sticker and Mark said he had Rob take it to you. You look good out there just stay away from the curbing, it's slick. :)

Thanks for trying to give me a tow yesterday John. 

Ended up with 38.3 at the end of the day. Im sure if we had some clear track and your tow low 37s were in sight. 

1 hour ago, OSUYZFR1 said:

Nice, I kept asking if they had got you the sticker and Mark said he had Rob take it to you. You look good out there just stay away from the curbing, it's slick. :)

Sticker delivery service was busy yesterday. 

• Upvote 1

Warning: Inbound Picture Takeover.  

Full Album Is Available Here ( You can download full-resolution photos from here as well): https://flic.kr/s/aHsm3kWJX8

You have been warned. 

DSC_0215DSC_0216DSC_0218DSC_0258DSC_0264

Edited by DerekClouser
Added Album Link for Download

4 minutes ago, what said:

Nice to see some depth of field. Assuming your fiance has a good bit of experience with a camera? 

It's definitely a hobby of mine, which I enjoy a lot, but she knows the frustrations of always shooting others but rarely getting my own photos so she has taken it upon herself to learn more about how to use the camera.   There were lots of shots that she messed up because she forgot to move up the shutter speed and/or ISO (if needed) to give a bit more sharpness but I appreciate the fact that she will at least do what she can because she knows I enjoy it so much.   ( I should have taken out of manual mode and put it into shutter speed priority)

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

19 hours ago, DerekClouser said:

Looks like the K&N Oil Filter failed and shot oil everywhere --- 

18 hours ago, 2talltim said:

Glad your okay man. Making me reconsider my filters now reguardless of how convenient they are.

I had an issue with a K&N filter leaking once, ended up tracing it to the faulty way i safety wired it - the SS band clamp had a sharp edge that pierced the shell of the filter housing. Prolly not K&N's fault.

4 hours ago, what said:

If they are pointing the red flag at you specifically, get off the track ASAP because you are probably spilling all kinds of crap all over the place. 

you mean BLACK flag.

3 hours ago, Jester_ said:

Ended up with 38.3 at the end of the day. Im sure if we had some clear track and your tow low 37s were in sight. 

i hate you guys. just can't bust out of the low 40s.  Felt like i was killin it but not so much. Maybe my laptimer needs recalibration......

You guys caught me chillin on pit road waiting to go.  Group 4 bike 165.  :riding:

Glad to meet the couple of you guys throughout the day.  Sorry I didn't hang out more but I hooked up with a few other friends and all hung out together in the heat and suffered as a group under a couple popups.  :)21015949_10212200827168704_6624878076387

25 minutes ago, i-Zapp said:

I had an issue with a K&N filter leaking once, ended up tracing it to the faulty way i safety wired it - the SS band clamp had a sharp edge that pierced the shell of the filter housing. Prolly not K&N's fault.

you mean BLACK flag.

i hate you guys. just can't bust out of the low 40s.  Felt like i was killin it but not so much. Maybe my laptimer needs recalibration......

I was under the impression that black flag pointing meant to proceed to pit lane, not exit the track as soon as you safely can because you or your bike is now a hazard to other riders.

6 hours ago, Jester_ said:

Anytime Dan. Hopefully next time we get some open track and can get into a rhythm. Low 38's in traffic is fast though.

Sometime we need to compare data  and see where the low hanging fruit is

9 hours ago, OSUYZFR1 said:

I really appreciate the help.  I stayed off it the rest of the day!  Rob did bring it down, I was thrilled to have him as a coach.

3 hours ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Isn't that what the meatball is for? 

Different tracks use different flags and sometimes with different meanings.  Mid O doesn't use the meatball.  The black flag displayed at start finish means come around and see the track Marshall.  Black flag from a corner worker pointed at you means get off the track as quickly and safely as possible.

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, F4iguy said:

Different tracks use different flags and sometimes with different meanings.  Mid O doesn't use the meatball.  The black flag displayed at start finish means come around and see the track Marshall.  Black flag from a corner worker pointed at you means get off the track as quickly and safely as possible.

Thanks for clearing that up.