Ohio Riders Unofficial Mid-Ohio Track Day - August 21, 2017

TimTheAzn

Unofficial Mid-Ohio Track Day what day works for You?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Unofficial Mid-Ohio Track Day what day works for You?

• May 14(Sun)
    • May 15(Mon)
    • June 5(Mon)
    • Jun19(Mon)
    • July 10(Mon)
    • Aug 21(Mon)

This poll is closed to new votes

12 minutes ago, DerekClouser said:

@NinjaDoc Give me the bike details so I can see if I can find something..

2013 street triple R, the ones I saw on eBay are like asking for 120 bucks for used rashed rear set. I am thinking of just getting a cheapo rear set full kit for that kinda money. Oem new triumph is costly but if they could have sourced it for me before this weekend would have pulled the trigger. But I think it's better to just wait and not try to spend more to meet a deadline. 

Edited by NinjaDoc

2 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

2013 street triple R, the ones I saw on eBay are like asking for 120 bucks for used rashed rear set. I am thinking of just getting a cheapo rear set full kit for that kinda money. Oem new triumph is costly but if they could have sourced it for me before this weekend would have pulled the trigger. But I think it's better to just wait and not try to spend more to meet a deadline. 

Know if they are the same as the ones on a 2011 Speed Triple? I'll probably bring my Triumph as a backup bike and you are welcome to borrow the shift lever if that's all you need. Just replace it if you break it!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Limitedslip7 said:

Know if they are the same as the ones on a 2011 Speed Triple? I'll probably bring my Triumph as a backup bike and you are welcome to borrow the shift lever if that's all you need. Just replace it if you break it!

Thx LS, I wish I could. But all signs are kinda telling me to sit this one out and prolly I should hehe but very kind of you to offer. 

7 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

Thx LS, I wish I could. But all signs are kinda telling me to sit this one out and prolly I should hehe but very kind of you to offer. 

I'm 99% sure i have a spare shift peddle from a 07 daytona 675 that i have no use for. I bent back the peddle on my old street bike and got the spare in case it broke off later at some point. I sold the bike so i don't need it anymore; track bike has aftermarket rearsets. No idea if it's the same or not. If it is, you can have it just to repair your bike (if i can find it).

Edited by ludwb675
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

It's so no one can come into my area and steal my shit! :lol:

3 minutes ago, blue03636 said:

Poor Tracy has permanent brain damage from that weekend as well as a fear of Ron.

Right???  All I did all weekend was run into the pagoda bc it was so short... and then he makes it taller right before he takes it down... :mad:

Not so much a fear of Ron, more a fear of drunk Ron...  

4 minutes ago, ludwb675 said:

I'm 99% sure i have a spare shift peddle from a 07 daytona 675 that i have no use for. I bent back the peddle on my old street bike and got the spare in case it broke off later at some point. I sold the bike so i don't need it anymore; track bike has aftermarket rearsets. No idea if it's the same or not. If it is, you can have it just to repair your bike (if i can find it).

That is awesome, I will do some more research when I get a moment and see if that will work. 

1 hour ago, NinjaDoc said:

Just bent, its aluminum I will try to heat and bend back, I tried once with a heat gun and some elbow grease but it started to make the crack noise now it has a small crack :( and I stopped.  

I may still have my old one laying around (that was bent back on my low-side). We "straightened" it out by bending it back forward and I rode another 200 miles that day with it. If you bend yours back and head down and I can find mine, I can bring it along as a backup for you. 

I'm in Dallas until mid-day Sunday so I won't be able to tell you for sure until then though, so not super helpful but... 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MidgetTodd said:

Theres a lot of midget bashing in here. You biggers are just jealous and skerd of our tactical stature and uncanny ability to be magically delicious.

No bashing just trying to figure out why Tim insist on setting his canopy so low that you have to duck.

10 minutes ago, MidgetTodd said:

It's science. Blocks more of the suns harmful rays, catches less up draft, creates a better more directed cooling breeze

THANK YOU! These giants will never understand us.

Edited by TimTheAzn

7 minutes ago, MidgetTodd said:

It's science. Blocks more of the suns harmful rays, catches less up draft, creates a better more directed cooling breeze

Yeah, but to intentionally set it up so all of us "biggers" kept running into it?  Rude.

And don't blame me for being tall - I didn't choose the tall life, the tall life chose me...

4 minutes ago, tall_tracy said:

Yeah, but to intentionally set it up so all of us "biggers" kept running into it?  Rude.

And don't blame me for being tall - I didn't choose the tall life, the tall life chose me...

If you "kept" running into it is it really us to blame for our setup choice or is it you to blame for not learning the first time???

Just now, MidgetTodd said:

If you "kept" running into it is it really us to blame for our setup choice or is it you to blame for not learning the first time???

Fair point - I'm forgetful, I can't help it, probably from hitting my head on things all my life.

At least now I know how to set it up so it won't happen again...

17 minutes ago, MidgetTodd said:

Or you could just set it up so you don't have to duck like a normal person and loose the 3" of shade.

10 minutes ago, blue03636 said:

Or you could just set it up so you don't have to duck like a normal person and loose the 3" of shade.

Again science, maybe only 3" of shade to you. That however is magnified at our height. In actuality that feels like we lost 9.66" of shade at our stance. That is truly a vast difference especially when you factor in the close proximity of our balls to the asphalt we are literally being baked from all angles when we set up the extra height. 

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1