Ohio Riders Unofficial Mid-Ohio Track Day - August 21, 2017

TimTheAzn

Unofficial Mid-Ohio Track Day what day works for You?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Unofficial Mid-Ohio Track Day what day works for You?

• May 14(Sun)
    • May 15(Mon)
    • June 5(Mon)
    • Jun19(Mon)
    • July 10(Mon)
    • Aug 21(Mon)

This poll is closed to new votes

19 hours ago, jacobhawkins said:

I'll  get a garage reserved tomorrow.  I think Andy and Jamie were down to share with me.  You're  welcome to join in.  Could get one more in there.  I'd recommend someone else get a garage and grab the rest of the folks to join in.  I can request that our garages be next to each other. I don't expect that to be an issue.

If they tell you in advance the garage number, please post it here.  They usually put the person's or persons' name on the outside of the garage.  Anyone who doesn't have a garage can still park and set up nearby.  I think @J_Copeland wanted to do a garage, so I may go ahead and reserve one for any other peeps that want to do the garage thing.

5 hours ago, DerekClouser said:

Bring out the DSLR or you can fly my drone.... Also could lend you my gimbal for a gopro also. 

Definitely bring the gimbal. I'll have my GoPro, or 2. My biggest complaint with them though is the footage lacks a reference point with the horizon tilting with the bike. Drives me crazy.

Just now, Blitz said:

Definitely bring the gimbal. I'll have my GoPro, or 2. My biggest complaint with them though is the footage lacks a reference point with the horizon tilting with the bike. Drives me crazy.

The trick is following someone else so they can reference the guy in front's lean angle :)

My gimbal is a handheld gimbal.. not a wearable unfortunately. 

Just now, DerekClouser said:

The trick is following someone else so they can reference the guy in front's lean angle :)

My gimbal is a handheld gimbal.. not a wearable unfortunately. 

Gotcha. I want a gimbal mount to keep the horizon level. Nothing else compares. I'll still record footage...it's just nowhere near as good.

Just now, Blitz said:

Gotcha. I want a gimbal mount to keep the horizon level. Nothing else compares. I'll still record footage...it's just nowhere near as good.

Zhiyun Rider-M   --- It's a handheld gimbal that can go to a wearable. 

2 hours ago, Blitz said:

Derek gave some good advice on following others for lean angle which you will for sure do at Mid-O. Another idea is to mount the GoPro on the tail of the bike. It was my favorite video I took at Mid-O. It showed body position and lean angle (maybe exaggerated it). The video was a little unstable probably due to the tail not being the most stable mounting point and I'm just using an IPod in an Optrix mount. 

5 hours ago, F4iguy said:

If they tell you in advance the garage number, please post it here.  They usually put the person's or persons' name on the outside of the garage.  

Will do, I called too late today to get it booked.  Left a message so I expect a call tomorrow.  I'll see if I can get the garage number then.  Last time it came in the email receipt.

10 minutes ago, jacobhawkins said:

Will do, I called too late today to get it booked.  Left a message so I expect a call tomorrow.  I'll see if I can get the garage number then.  Last time it came in the email receipt.

I will call tomorrow also.  I'm sure if I mention your name they'll get us next to each other.

• Upvote 1

OK.  I got garage 21 for me and Jeff and whoever else wants to go in on it.  It will have my name, John Corrigan, and Ohio Riders on it.  I mentioned about Jacob getting one too so hopefully we'll get garage 22.  If we all gather and pit around that area, we should be good.

Not reading thought this whole tread to not find the info I'm looking for so.... What time of day will y'all be doing this?I'm only 15 min away from the track and get off work at 3p. So if it is that timeish I'll come and be a cheerleader on the side lines. I can dress the part if you really want me to.

untitled.png.4a16e30db151948e971150fea854d715.png

Edited by 2talltim

41 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Not reading thought this whole tread to not find the info I'm looking for so.... What time of day will y'all be doing this?I'm only 15 min away from the track and get off work at 3p. So if it is that timeish I'll come and be a cheerleader on the side lines. I can dress the part if you really want me to.

untitled.png.4a16e30db151948e971150fea854d715.png

After Speaking with Ib, I believe the last session goes at 4pm... not sure what group it is though. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, F4iguy said:

OK.  I got garage 21 for me and Jeff and whoever else wants to go in on it.  It will have my name, John Corrigan, and Ohio Riders on it.  I mentioned about Jacob getting one too so hopefully we'll get garage 22.  If we all gather and pit around that area, we should be good.

Yeah, just called and got garage 22.  We're all good!

• Beer 1

38 minutes ago, DerekClouser said:

Experienced Track Guys --- About what time do you arrive in the morning to get setup?

My advice is to show up the night before, camp and wake up in the morning. This way you have your shit set up and ready to roll through tech. Plus it's extra hang out time with the people that do the same.

I know that Dan (Jester) is going to be there Sunday evening.

Which brings me to why I came in here in the first place, who all is showing up Sunday night?

Edited by TimTheAzn

3 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Which brings me to why I came in here in the first place, who all is showing up Sunday night?

I am staying at a hotel about 8 miles away.

Which means I will have to tape up my bike after I get there.  Figure I will be at the gate long before the 6:45 opening and tape it up then on the side of the driveway.

Edited by Tonik