Ohio Riders Unofficial Mid-Ohio Track Day - August 21, 2017

TimTheAzn

Unofficial Mid-Ohio Track Day what day works for You?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Unofficial Mid-Ohio Track Day what day works for You?

• May 14(Sun)
    • May 15(Mon)
    • June 5(Mon)
    • Jun19(Mon)
    • July 10(Mon)
    • Aug 21(Mon)

This poll is closed to new votes

Ok, I am in.

According to Mid Ohio's website a Modular helmet is ok. Can any of you veterans confirm this.

Are we ok on garages? I will certainly contribute to one....or get one and accept contributions (or handies). And how do we get garages together?

Going to IP tomorrow night. I need to figure out what size I am if I am going to rent. But for 350 I will probably just buy one and use it when I am smoking everyone on 536.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Ok, I am in.

According to Mid Ohio's website a Modular helmet is ok. Can any of you veterans confirm this.

Are we ok on garages? I will certainly contribute to one....or get one and accept contributions (or handies). And how do we get garages together?

Going to IP tomorrow night. I need to figure out what size I am if I am going to rent. But for 350 I will probably just buy one and use it when I am smoking everyone on 536.

I'll  get a garage reserved tomorrow.  I think Andy and Jamie were down to share with me.  You're  welcome to join in.  Could get one more in there.  I'd recommend someone else get a garage and grab the rest of the folks to join in.  I can request that our garages be next to each other. I don't expect that to be an issue.

1 hour ago, Tonik said:

Ok, I am in.

Tonik the ixs seems like a decent suit for that price, but you kinda need a quirky body habitus which I think you might be lucky. As in lean small torso and lanky limbs. For me that was perfect. I had to go one size up. I am usually size 50 euro and needed 52 in this. If you have long upper torso compared to legs might be tuff fit. 

Regarding head count, wish I could make it. But still waiting for some parts on triple. Don't think it will be here on time hence I am most likely out as last minute novice most likely will be sold out even. :( Have fun ride safe people. 

1 hour ago, NinjaDoc said:

Tonik the ixs seems like a decent suit for that price, but you kinda need a quirky body habitus which I think you might be lucky. As in lean small torso and lanky limbs. For me that was perfect. I had to go one size up. I am usually size 50 euro and needed 52 in this. If you have long upper torso compared to legs might be tuff fit. 

Regarding head count, wish I could make it. But still waiting for some parts on triple. Don't think it will be here on time hence I am most likely out as last minute novice most likely will be sold out even. :( Have fun ride safe people. 

Bring the FJR.  A buddy came last time on his BMW K1600 and had a blast.  Damn thing had satilight radio!

Understand if you want to do it on the street triple though...  

12 hours ago, NinjaDoc said:

You don't need plastics for a track day.  Take off the broke stuff and ride it.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, jacobhawkins said:

I'll  get a garage reserved tomorrow.  I think Andy and Jamie were down to share with me.  You're  welcome to join in.  Could get one more in there.  I'd recommend someone else get a garage and grab the rest of the folks to join in.  I can request that our garages be next to each other. I don't expect that to be an issue.

If you have room, I'll snag a spot and contribute...

13 hours ago, NinjaDoc said:

You should still come out and hang out with the folks and take some footage!  Bring out the DSLR or you can fly my drone.... Also could lend you my gimbal for a gopro also. 

1 hour ago, Tonik said:

I signed up, Dome of Hate is in full effect.  We are fine.

I also signed up.... Could be in trouble :lol: 

@jacobhawkins keeping the FJR clean for good resale. I am keeping it washed and waxed after every ride. dont have to be that anal about striple  from now on 

@DerekClouser for sure,  i will try to come by to pay a visit to all hoORigans if at all things line up. 

@Tonik not just plastic, bend shifter and slightly bend handle bar, i am getting new since even if i bend it back its not going to be accurate i guess. 

19 hours ago, CBBaron said:

I really wanted to do this but Im not going to be able to get the day off.

Is anyone doing Nelson's that weekend? I'm considering doing that instead.

My plan is to do Nelsons on Sunday and Mid-O on Wed (weather permitting). 

2 hours ago, DerekClouser said:

You should still come out and hang out with the folks and take some footage!  Bring out the DSLR or you can fly my drone.... Also could lend you my gimbal for a gopro also.

Most tracks don't allow drones.  I would check with MO before bringing it, or trying to fly it.  Might be OK when no bikes are on track (early morning, lunch).

30 minutes ago, F4iguy said:

Most tracks don't allow drones.  I would check with MO before bringing it, or trying to fly it.  Might be OK when no bikes are on track (early morning, lunch).

Yea, I honestly figured that... I would of course verify it was allowed to fly before launching it.