Road Atlanta 4/15-4/16

Jester_

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TimTheAzn said:

So what are the travel plans looking like? We leaving the Friday before and coming back Sunday? I want to make sure to put time off in.

I will probably leave Friday morning early and then get back early AM Monday. Figure 11 hours one way after stopping for fuel, food, whatever.

idk who is riding with who.  

If NonAznTim goes then he will have a spot in the trailer but im not sure if hes going yet.

Other than that its open for whoever wants to travel down. I also have the bed of the truck which can fit a bike, maybe two. But then someone would need to take a car down so there would be enough seats.  

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Jester_ said:

If NonAznTim goes then he will have a spot in the trailer but im not sure if hes going yet.

Other than that its open for whoever wants to travel down. I also have the bed of the truck which can fit a bike, maybe two. But then someone would need to take a car down so there would be enough seats.  

I'll take one of those spots. Cant go wrong with 2 Tim's. Unless someone that lives closer to me is going like @TRMN8TR

Edited by TimTheAzn

hey i'm seriously considering this trip with ya'all.

my usual group is slowly turning into a bunch of weenies with family responsibilities and all (wink), so hope you guys don't mind me joining you.

a couple things:

1. what level is everyone running in N2?  I actually graduated to A group a couple years ago, but haven't ridden with N2 since. I'd prefer to ride I group even if I get demoted, since it's the first TD of the year, and a brand new track for me, and i'd rather run the same group as the rest of the gang.

2. i'd likely be rolling down there solo in my truck (no trailer), and could take a passenger and/or bike if someone needs a lift.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

I'll be in I group. Was planning on making moves with Craig but now that all depends on how well I mesh with the new GSXR. 

We can go have some fun. I'm just out to enjoy myself and get some seat time.

14 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

85 Days!

Better get some work done.

• Upvote 1

Sounds like we have a big crew going down there. We need to figure out some travel plans. 

I count 9 of us, but Bill and Ron will probably go on their own.

We can move things around in the trailer to fit 6 bikes, plus the bed of the truck unless someone else wants to use their truck/trailer as well. Either way we will need to take an extra car for people to sit in. 

28 minutes ago, Jester_ said:

Sounds like we have a big crew going down there. We need to figure out some travel plans. 

I count 9 of us, but Bill and Ron will probably go on their own.

We can move things around in the trailer to fit 6 bikes, plus the bed of the truck unless someone else wants to use their truck/trailer as well. Either way we will need to take an extra car for people to sit in. 

Hopefully I can trust my exploder by then. Right now not so much.

On 1/19/2017 at 10:11 AM, i-Zapp said:

2. i'd likely be rolling down there solo in my truck (no trailer), and could take a passenger and/or bike if someone needs a lift.

Hey George. I don't know if you're on some sort of time restraints that you want to drive down solo, but you know I'll be leaving from Mentor as well and I'll have room in the truck/trailer. 

I'm figuring that @TimTheAzn will probably head out from Cleveland with me as well?

4 minutes ago, TRMN8TR said:

Hey George. I don't know if you're on some sort of time restraints that you want to drive down solo, but you know I'll be leaving from Mentor as well and I'll have room in the truck/trailer. 

I'm figuring that @TimTheAzn will probably head out from Cleveland with me as well?

If you are offering a spot in your rig, that'll free up some space in Dan's and it will also save me the drive all the way down there when I could just shoot my way across to mennnnerrrr to load up.

Edit: Just submitted my time off request for this one. Took Fri and Mon.

Edited by TimTheAzn

1 minute ago, TimTheAzn said:

If you are offering a spot in your rig, that'll free up some space in Dan's and it will also save me the drive all the way down there when I could just shoot my way across to mennnnerrrr to load up.

Ya I think that sounds like a good idea. I wasn't planning to drive, but I've done quite a bit of work to my truck over the winter to make it more reliable so it can safely make the trip. All new power steering lines, transmission cooler lines, shocks front/rear, brakes, and replaced an annoying leaky exhaust manifold.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TRMN8TR said:

Ya I think that sounds like a good idea. I wasn't planning to drive, but I've done quite a bit of work to my truck over the winter to make it more reliable so it can safely make the trip. All new power steering lines, transmission cooler lines, shocks front/rear, brakes, and replaced an annoying leaky exhaust manifold.

Woo. @Jester_ Looks like you got a spot free'd up.

It looks like as of right now I will just have myself and Steve. There may be one other going with me but he's trying to figure out if he has to go himself due to work. Either way I can fit 1 passenger and if he doesn't go I can fit 1 bike and 2 passengers. I'm right off of 77 so nothing to far out of the way.

I didn't know Steve was going, awesome!

I will add in to not expect any power there. They have open breaker boxes and you need to add your own breaker to a live box. Or there is like 1 plug where we normally pit. 

None of that mattered last year because it rained and the weekend was pretty much a drunken blur.