Road Atlanta 4/15-4/16

Jester_

13 hours ago, F4iguy said:

Just got my new tires thanks to Mike at @RidersDiscount!  Signed up for both days!  Ready to get it on!

Dude, are you gonna make me wait until I load mine into the trailer next to yours to see your new baby?

1 hour ago, i-Zapp said:

Cool thanks for the info guys. 

One more question- what top end would you expect on a 600 there? I'm running gearing that just barely touches red line at MidO and expecting a change of at least one or two teeth?

I believe the back straight at Road Atlanta is longer than the one at Mid-O. I believe Mid-O is around 3025ft and Road Atlanta is just shy of a mile from what I've read this morning.

6 hours ago, i-Zapp said:

Cool thanks for the info guys. 

One more question- what top end would you expect on a 600 there? I'm running gearing that just barely touches red line at MidO and expecting a change of at least one or two teeth?

I think I hit 150ish (gps indicated) on my gsxr last time we got dry weather there. There is a kink at the end which will raise your rpm some, I was on the limiter in 6th with stock rear sprocket and -1 in the front at that kink. 

The straight is super long but it is mostly up hill.

30 minutes ago, Jester_ said:

The more the marrier. 

Or just go along for a trip and see what its all about for a weekend. 

I did it for a day with a guy I know a few years ago. He was from PA, met him at Nelsons. He wrecked the first lap.

2 minutes ago, Tonik said:

I did it for a day with a guy I know a few years ago. He was from PA, met him at Nelsons. He wrecked the first lap.

It happens. 

I didnt crash for over 2 years until I rode someone elses bike. Then I crashed 2 days in a row haha

4 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Do what I did and buy a cheap track bike to use 5 or 6 days a year. Or just take the white whale and blow people's minds. 

1 hour ago, Tonik said:

I thought about that, but changing the final drive ratio's on a belt drive is difficult and expensive.

Changing gearing would be the least of your worries. Head out in novice and have a blast!

22 minutes ago, F4iguy said:

Hopefully my bike gets here soon.  Having some work done and getting nervous about having it in time.

i could probably work out a rental deal on your old cbr!  ;)

the guy who bought it (work buddy) painted it and never rode it. collecting dust in his garage.

• Upvote 1

On 3/20/2017 at 2:18 PM, F4iguy said:

Hopefully my bike gets here soon.  Having some work done and getting nervous about having it in time.

So I had some issues with my bike at the tuner and had to leave it there. He's done with it now though. Going back most likely this Saturday, if not next. Do you still need to pick it up? I'll be going by there again. 

On 3/22/2017 at 9:43 AM, TRMN8TR said:

So I had some issues with my bike at the tuner and had to leave it there. He's done with it now though. Going back most likely this Saturday, if not next. Do you still need to pick it up? I'll be going by there again. 

I will be calling on it today.  I'll let you know.  Thanks!