Amazon Firestick

Tpoppa

My buddy has one and unless his was just a poorly done unlocking and use of all that good stuff then I wouldn't be able to cut the cord with solely that. Granted this is only based on 3 experiences with it

Just now, Bad324 said:

My buddy has one and unless his was just a poorly done unlocking and use of all that good stuff then I wouldn't be able to cut the cord with solely that. Granted this is only based on 3 experiences with it

A new Firestick was just released last month.  I like it a lot.  KODI has so much content.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Jailbreak it and get everything for free. My buddy bought one off ebay and we were watching movies in his house that are still in theaters. (Deepwater Horizon).

Essentially that's what KODI is.  There might be other ways to jailbreak them though :dunno:

I recently bought the Firestick with Alexia and really enjoy it as well. I watch Netflix through there and also PlayStation Vue. I recently cut the cord and couldn't be happier. I pay about $40 for internet and $35 for PlayStation Vue. It has a cloud based DVR and CBS (unlike the just announced DirectTV Now). I have a small antenna for the rest of my locals if I want to watch them live or can do VOD next day. On top of that I have Amazon Prime so really have an unlimited amount of stuff to watch without breaking the bank. 

For those interested, it also has BeIn Sports which is part of the reason I got it so I can watch MotoGp/WSB.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/network/vue/channels/

Edited by RidersDiscount
  • Upvote 1

Just bought myself the firestick with alexa remote (amazon cyber monday deal).  I've used Chromecast for a while, but not near as many features as a jailbroken firestick.  Probably going to jail'break' it myself with the use of internet as a mentor.  Looking to also cut cable television and just buying internet from TWC.  Buying my own modem/router and thus cutting any taxes/fees from TWC as well and only having to pay for the internet service.  Would probably cut $120.00 for my bill. 

Sling TV is nice and has no contract.  Can get sports channels for Cavs and Indians for only $5 extra.  We use that plus digital OTA antenna and Amazon Prime.  Also TiVo to DVR some of the OTA stuff.  TiVo can also be a streaming device, but has limited access - for example we needed a Roku for Sling TV.

• 4 weeks later...
Kodi is a form of stealing, they will shut it down some day, so I wouldn't invest to much money into it. 

It's not much money, there $40. And you can install s/ware your self in under 30 mins. And then if you watch one UFC pay per view, you've alrdy saved money! I will be watching Rhonda Rousey 12/30/16. Only downside is it won't be in hd. So I'll watch the prelims though cable. And fire up the stick for main events.

I really enjoy our stick, but would never consider cutting the cable cord. Last Bengals game wasn't televised except on NFL ticket, well I was able to view on the stick in 480 mode. Now alot of the theater movies are 1080p but alot are cell phone movies to.