TimTheAzn

Random Track Talk

not likely it feels like mid ohio limited offering days and pricing with out improvements will only get worse  before it gets better. sadly they simply "cannot" (this is relative i have NO knowledge of their goals or finances lol) continue to  operate  as they are with no incentive to ride or drive there without improvements to a  quickly degrading track surface(and other factors) in which a number of racing orgs have complained or flat out said they will not return  because of.  there are just to many quality tracks around anymore that continue to make upgrades to their compounds and  tracks. PITT race in my opinion is the best track out there right now. surface , track layout ect. putnam has repaved in the last 3-5  nelson in the last few and even GRATTAN!?!?!?! just redid the first 3 turns with plans to do 4-8   in the next year?! insane!

• Beer 1

Yes, the prices went up.

Yes, I still bought my gift certs.

Yes, the track needs work.

Yes, its seemingly not plausible to stomach an increase in prices after all the COVID cancellations and the 2 wheel orgs fleeing the track.

Yet, I would be sad if it wasn't around to ride so I still support it, but it will get harder and harder in the future until many give up.

Does anyone wear an airbag vest? I just picked up a Helite E GP-Air and am hoping it saves my butt if I need it. Not much online about wearing air vests on track. 

On 1/27/2021 at 3:43 PM, TimTheAzn said:

Man, this whole not riding thing sucks.

Streets are still open. The brine makes things interesting and you can wear double-protection and not break a sweat

On 1/30/2021 at 12:07 PM, RymerC said:

Streets are still open. The brine makes things interesting and you can wear double-protection and not break a sweat

Even if I had a street bike I wouldn't be taking it out with all the crap on the roads right now.

On 1/30/2021 at 8:43 AM, TMC Customs said:

Does anyone wear an airbag vest? I just picked up a Helite E GP-Air and am hoping it saves my butt if I need it. Not much online about wearing air vests on track. 

I used to wear a hit-air vest and high sided at NJMP with it on. It deployed as it should and I am pretty confident it saved me from significant injury. The downside to them is getting plugged in every session, that got old and led to me wearing it a lot less than I should have been the past couple years. 

I did upgrade to an alpinestars tech air race for next year however.

So if anyone wants to buy a hit-air rs-1 let me know lol. 

On 1/28/2021 at 12:10 PM, ksands22 said:

I signed up for April PITT. April feels like a year away at this point. 

I will miss most of the PIRC track days this year due to scheduling conflicts with WERA... I am super bummed 

3 hours ago, Jester_ said:

I will miss most of the PIRC track days this year due to scheduling conflicts with WERA... I am super bummed 

That is a bummer, but good luck with the racing. Nelson and PIRC are about the same distance and even though it's more expensive for PIRC I'm going to spend my money there this year. 

On 2/1/2021 at 3:40 PM, ksands22 said:

That is a bummer, but good luck with the racing. Nelson and PIRC are about the same distance and even though it's more expensive for PIRC I'm going to spend my money there this year. 

Cant go wrong with PIRC.

I likely won't be going back to Mid-O again unless I get a cheap cert and am peer pressured. Having to take a vacation day is bad enough but now it's more expensive than NCM or Pitt, no thanks.

That said, this should be a fun season. 17-18 wheel horsepower super 125 grom is in the works for racing (baseline of 8 wheel), and have a couple new (to me) tracks on the list I plan to hit this year on the big bike along with all of the NCM days I plan to attend. Busy busy.

I am signing up for my first WERA event at Nelson Ledges this year (6/6). I have never been to Nelson Ledges so I will probably be signing up for my first N2 track day (6/4) as well. Anyone plan to be there any of those days that I can bounce questions off of?