Random Track Talk

TimTheAzn

31 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Mis-fire on #2 and #7. 

I just replaced the coil and plug on #2. I am going to have to swap coils around to see if my coils are actually bad.

Was it sitting for a really long time? My jetta starts to misfire if I don't drive it for a month. Last time it did it it was only running on 2 cylinders, had it towed to the local krautkar shop and it started up and ran fine. Moisture got into the cylinders and caused the issue, that and the spark plugs were pretty old (those got changed out). 

Definitely could be your coils though. 

Edited by what

1 minute ago, TimTheAzn said:

Yea a swapping of the coils is going to go down. Probably plugs as well.

@Jester_ So newer and nicer..... you go denali?

I got a ram this time around. I liked my 1500 Laramie so I got a 2015 2500 Laramie with the Cummins with 20k on it. Its a nice feeling knowing it has a warranty, was always uneasy with the other truck not knowing what might happen. But that moves the toy hauler back to February of next year :/ oh well. 

There is also alot of little things I like about the Cummins over the powerstroke and dmax. 

4 minutes ago, Jester_ said:

I got a ram this time around. I liked my 1500 Laramie so I got a 2015 2500 Laramie with the Cummins with 20k on it. Its a nice feeling knowing it has a warranty, was always uneasy with the other truck not knowing what might happen. But that moves the toy hauler back to February of next year :/ oh well. 

There is also alot of little things I like about the Cummins over the powerstroke and dmax. 

Nothing like a good cummins after a little powerstroke.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TimTheAzn said:

Yea a swapping of the coils is going to go down. Probably plugs as well.

@Jester_ So newer and nicer..... you go denali?

http://www.expertswrite.net/ford-5-4l-triton-3valve/5-4l-triton-spark-plug-removal.html

Good luck. I have heard horror stories. 

13 minutes ago, Al Z. Heimer said:

Seriously? Holy god I am not buying a ford trailer hauler... "how can we take the easiest piece of engine maintenance and make it a zero-sum game?" 

Edited by what

24 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

If the spark plug issues don't scare you, the cam phasers and timing sets will. Biggest PITA I have ever seen.

It's bullshit technology.   I pray the other mfg's don't jump on board with this design, but I doubt it will happen anytime soon anyway with how problematic they currently are

2 minutes ago, Hellmutt said:

It's bullshit technology.   I pray the other mfg's don't jump on board with this design, but I doubt it will happen anytime soon anyway with how problematic they currently are

GM is coming out with a DOHC small block. I think it will be for the vette only, atleast for now. 

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/news/a32059/leaked-documents-say-the-corvette-gets-a-dohc-v8-in-2018/

Edited by Jester_

5 hours ago, Jester_ said:

GM is coming out with a DOHC small block. I think it will be for the vette only, atleast for now. 

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/news/a32059/leaked-documents-say-the-corvette-gets-a-dohc-v8-in-2018/

Wonder if GM will use the OPA tech same as Ford, or the BorgWarner style CTA system?  

47 minutes ago, Jester_ said:

Of course it runs. 

Does it have the proper forks on it is the question? lol

It does as of last night! It's ready for pick up. I gotta figure out my explorer issue. Ron is busy the next few weekends anywayz.

11 minutes ago, Jester_ said:

lmk if you want me to deliver it, or if you really need I can store it until RA. 

Just need a few $ for fuel. 

If I cannot figure out wtf is wrong with my explorer here in the next week or two, that may be an option. I appreciate the offer Dan.

On January 20, 2017 at 5:41 PM, TwiztedRabbit said:

get that sum bish back a bit and it'll rotate a bit more, also your upper body is slightly crossed up

Not that going through traffic is an excuse for poor body position, but what about this one, same corner minus me lurking through traffic. Foot still needs to be higher on the peg.

image.jpeg