TimTheAzn

Random Track Talk

Night race heat 1 from Saturday night - POV is from Kevin, one of my(our) teammates. I'm in front of him most of the race on the grom.

• Beer 1

Would be cool to race at night, looks like fun. Here is a video from Saturday at nelson.

A Superbike expert

Edited by Jester_
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Jester_ said:

Would be cool to race at night, looks like fun. Here is a video from Saturday at nelson.

A Superbike expert

It's fun until the dew starts to form on the track at around 11pm to midnight lol. I think that track used the same sealant that Mid-O used. Had a pretty good highside earlier that day, which I wasn't feeling too bad during the night races, but the races the next day I started to feel a bit off... yesterday and today I can't lift a coffee cup to my mouth using my right arm. Don't want to do that again. I ended up 3rd in the race posted, 3rd in points overall. Gotta start winning - that kid in front of me weighs 70lbs wet and walks big bore bikes on the straight with his "stock" setup. He's dirt slow in the corners but really tough to pass as he will not cede the inside line even if you are right next to him wheel to wheel, he will run right into you.

4 hours ago, Jester_ said:

A Superbike expert

Dayum that was exciting 👍

• Like 1

Thanks! Not the closest race I recorded of the weekend but the only one I have access to at this point to upload. 

14 hours ago, RymerC said:

Anyone doing MidO Monday or Tuesday? It's gon be hot but looks dry

Their are a few of us signed up for monday

On 7/4/2020 at 9:12 PM, TMC Customs said:

I will be there Tuesday. 

Well, showed up to the track day today and  it was cancelled. Would be nice if they would tell people that. 

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, TMC Customs said:

Well, showed up to the track day today and  it was cancelled. Would be nice if they would tell people that. 

Yeah as I was packing up I heard the announcement. What kinda shit is that? They didn't tell you wtf happened just "no PTR sessions for Tuesday?"

Likely not enough people registered for it today. If they didn't send out any sort of update, that sucks.

Monday was nice and chill. First session in intermediate I don't think there was even 10 people. Same for last session? I've never been to an event that deserted. Hope they don't take events off the calendar!

47 minutes ago, RymerC said:

Monday was nice and chill. First session in intermediate I don't think there was even 10 people. Same for last session? I've never been to an event that deserted. Hope they don't take events off the calendar!

First session was probably empty because everyone knows not to go out the first session at mid ohio :)

Last session - people are tired and packing up.

some hot grom action. yes that's half a roll of duct tape holding my leathers together. they take a beating 😐

IMG_1120.jpg

Edited by what

19 hours ago, RymerC said:

They are !

I got there Monday for the private twilight prepared to camp because i registered  for the next day.  At about 4pm they said over the loud speaker that the next day was canceled. 

I think they dont want bikes there and are trying to deter people.  They have a new rule if not enough people pre register they just cancel the day .  I kinda understand that but......now it makes people more afraid to sign up.  So i  plan to take off work and set up m schedule just for you to pull the plug at 4pm the day before?  No thanks!    Or i cant imaging people who traveled far to get there .   Track is garbage so of course nobody signs up. There is always a risk of rain but other orgs/tracks sell out weeks in advanced  because you could ride if you wanted. Even with full on wets nobody is riding Mid Ohio.  I plan on have a full wet set up next year because i will ride in the rain if need be  just not there .

Edited by jhughes