TimTheAzn

Random Track Talk

229 posts in this topic

I saw someone talking photos yesterday at Mid-O too. Anyone know who it was? 

8 hours ago, ludwb675 said:

Yesterday ended up being a perfect day at Mid-O. Rain held off until the last session was over (except for novice). They were lined up in the pits as it was sprinkling but i think the coaches made the right move and cancelled the last session. 

I set another PR for the year with a 1:44.2. I was consistently running in the 44-48's without traffic. It's hard to explain but i think the more experienced riders will understand. But as i was riding faster, everything seemed to slow down. I was carrying a lot more speed through the corners but it felt slow; maybe slow isn't the correct term. I'm assuming this is just from experience and learning the track more. 

Either way, I greatly improved my turn 8, 9 and 13 corner speeds. The next corners to work on is 1 and 11b? (the right hander over the hill going into thunder valley). Those are both fast turns i know i slow down too much for. 

Brian, @ludwb675

had a great time riding and hanging out with you.  As promised, here is that sweet pass you made on the gray bike after the carousel.  It's at about 2:10.  After that - you were gone!

Edited by F4iguy

18 hours ago, F4iguy said:

Brian, @ludwb675

had a great time riding and hanging out with you.  As promised, here is that sweet pass you made on the gray bike after the carousel.  It's at about 2:10.  After that - you were gone!

It was nice meeting you and riding with ya.

Thanks for posting that! It was nice to get some footage of my body positioning. Looks like i still need to get my head out a bit more. I watched the pass about 10 times! Made it look like i know what i'm doing. haha!