Random Track Talk

TimTheAzn

3 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

2nd on saturday and a 3rd on sunday. I had a better race that was way more fun on sunday.

Wrapped up 3rd overall in the North Central Region in LWT SS.

Depending on who shows up to the GNF I might get a 3rd overall nationally.

I'm hiding behind Ian in this photo from Sunday.

B429980A-8E06-44F8-B3D4-9B70B818C7C2.jpeg

Congrats. Nice work

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, blue03636 said:

Managed another clean sweep and picked up A superbike and A superstock novice championships and pulled out a personal best lap time of a 1:08.1. It's been a fun year.

20200927_155202_HDR.jpg

20200927_143016_HDR.jpg

Congrats 

An email from Gwen at Mid Ohio:

I am asking for your help to get the word out that we need 3 MORE RIDERS to save Monday's track day!!!  Some of you are already enrolled (thank you) and some of you might be thinking about it or maybe you have a friend or two who needs to come see us..  I really don't want to contact 37 people and tell them they're out of luck.

Spread the word!!!  Enrollments are open until noon tomorrow -- online using credit card or email me with GC numbers and I can take it from there.

16 minutes ago, Sellius said:

I've actually never been anyplace else.......I haven't been doing this very long.

What should I check out?  Any recommendations?

Nelson Ledges, Pittrace, NCM, really any track in the area is better off than Mid Ohio right now sadly. The track surface is not in good shape there and I would call it dangerous unless the weather is perfect (70+ degrees and sunny). A couple of the bumps have gotten worse this season too which is unfortunate, since it was mainly a sealant issue before. Be careful if you're going this late in the season.

Edited by what

1 hour ago, Sellius said:

I've actually never been anyplace else.......I haven't been doing this very long.

What should I check out?  Any recommendations?

Nelsons, PIRC, NCM, Summit Main.. list goes on. Pretty much every track around "here" (Northeast) has repaved in the last 3 years except Mid-Ohio. And Mid-Ohio has needed it for almost the longest (I think Nelsons may take them there but they repaved.)

Nice save! It sure is hard to get that line right to stay on the inside of that patch. If you go for a track walk you will find that patch is not even with the normal pavement on that side, but as you go towards the outside its a bit more level. 

16 hours ago, what said:

yikes. seems like something they should take the grinder to if the difference in surface height is that drastic.

No last time they tried to fix something they made that something worse.

People know where to be and not to be on the track by now. Just don't hit those seams, stay in the middle of the patches.

On 10/6/2020 at 9:56 AM, TimTheAzn said:

No last time they tried to fix something they made that something worse.

People know where to be and not to be on the track by now. Just don't hit those seams, stay in the middle of the patches.

Eh I dunno, it seams like a liability to me. Can't always be exactly where you want to be on the track, especially during a race.