Random Track Talk

TimTheAzn

10 minutes ago, bowdog said:

I hate that I just caught up on this thread because now I am missing getting out more than ever!

Dude, you and I have been around forever and I've yet to meat you.... I think it's time :)

1 hour ago, TimTheAzn said:

Dude, you and I have been around forever and I've yet to meat you.... I think it's time :)

haha I agree! been tough getting to the track as I have a now 3 year old...that may have to change very soon though as i am getting the bug back bad!!

• Beer 1

36 minutes ago, bowdog said:

haha I agree! been tough getting to the track as I have a now 3 year old...that may have to change very soon though as i am getting the bug back bad!!

Nice! Teach it to use the microwave and get ya ass out here! :lol:

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, DerekClouser said:

Relax, this isn't meant to be a pissing contest. 

Andy, 

You were 6 seconds off the pace from Farkas who rides almost an identical bike to you (1.11.8 vs 1.17.6).  Yes, you have a weight disadvantage, but there is lots of time to be made up in places.   Maybe his suggestions will help or maybe you have the best line, but I will admit the bike does look pointed in the wrong direction.  No sense in having a pissing contest to prove you being right or him being wrong.  Just take it with a grain of salt and see if it helps.  If it doesn't, congratulations.  None of us are going pro, so no sense in not just listening and trying to improve. 

Prime example for me was seeing this photo 
Image may contain: one or more people, motorcycle and outdoor

I realize I wasn't getting the bike turned even though I thought I had the best line.  Made some adjustments and cut a good amount of time off my laps from last year.   

The community is small and we all need to support everyone in getting better.  

I've got work to do and I know that better than anybody, especially at that track as I've only been there twice. I'm happy to take feedback, hell I try to ask about things and learn as much as I can, but I dont need it from someone just trying to be a dickhead.

And yes, I was down on pace, and I have a good idea as to why. Hopefully some of the things being done with the bike rebuild this month will help there next time. The long downhill right-hander was a really bad section for me because of the exhaust can position and that really hurt my time as it affects the next 3 corners. Just about ate shit 3 or 4 times putting a little too much weight on the can and the rear started slipping out. The can will be high-mount now so more lean angle to play with in right hand corners. A (hopefully) additional 3 wheel horsepower will even out the weight disadvantage and then if I'm still down by 5 or 6 seconds I will figure out what is going horrifically wrong with my riding. 

33 minutes ago, jacobhawkins said:

From the riders meeting at PIRC a few weeks ago, kids in the back!  And from NCM last weekend.  Thanks to @what for snagging the picture in his set.  

DSC_4581.JPG

20200717_210854.jpg

That’s awesome Jacob 

On 7/16/2020 at 5:27 PM, blue03636 said:

Yep, never ridden a bike on track before. I tried to help, you're apparently to good for it as all you do is make excuses and tell people how wrong they are.

Enjoy, I'll sick to giving advise to people that want it.

You're right, the way you behave I don't want your advice and I don't want to deal with your bullshit. And I never said you haven't ridden a bike on a track before, you just have no experience, at least to my knowledge, on that track. So, no first hand experience.

Anyway have a nice life.

Edited by what

On 7/17/2020 at 11:19 PM, what said:

You're right, the way you behave I don't want your advice and I don't want to deal with your bullshit. And I never said you haven't ridden a bike on a track before, you just have no experience, at least to my knowledge, on that track. So, no first hand experience.

Anyway have a nice life.

Dude, I offered help you got all defensive and pissy. That's when I asked Tim about his pics. You can make fun of me all you want on FB or wherever, doesn't change the fact that you acted like an ass hat when offered advice. Kept saying we were wrong and justifying what you're doing. Also, you don't need first hand experience to know when things aren't right. I have been doing this shit for a long time.

2 minutes ago, Pauly said:

Andy has the reach on Craig, but Craig has that Mexican wrestling style. It will be a good show. 

Craig will take him to the ground immediately. That reach aint gonna mean shit at that point, especially when he starts rubbing his banana hammock in his face.

Edited by TimTheAzn
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, TwiztedRabbit said:

thats why you struggle snuggle craigy... he likes to have a little fear in him as he slowly passes out.... 

Yes

1 hour ago, Pauly said:

That is not what he likes inside of him.  

and Yes