Random Track Talk

TimTheAzn

1 hour ago, TimTheAzn said:

I'm pretty much the slowest of the guys that I travel/ride with. :lol:

You look good in pics though. Does that count for anything?

My green RST gloves finally got a hole in them :( 3 years of hard abuse for $70... probably the best gloves I've ever owned.

BUT

I think they can be fixed! Just a small hole near the stitching in the right index finger.

5 hours ago, blue03636 said:

I'm confused as to why none of your pics show you pointed straight in to the grass.

I apologize for posting a photo that you find hard to understand, here's one more your speed:

tb125?wid=800&fmt=jpeg&qlt=85,1&pscan=au

Edited by what
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, blue03636 said:

Oh I understand the pic, what I don't understand is your lack of wanting to learn.

Ok professor, please enlighten me. What should I be learning from you?

Edited by what

9 hours ago, what said:

There is a lot to be learned from Craig.

Now since you cant remember if this is 15 or 16 I drew lines for both. Regardless of what corner you're in - your bike is pointed in the wrong direction. Black line is where your bike looks like it's pointed and green line is where it should be pointed as your stand it up from apex while you reduce lean angle and give it gas.

image.thumb.png.4d51a5a9167272325dbd896c036d9560.png

Look at the next picture, this kid has his bike pointed in the direction he wants to go. The red line shows where your grom was pointing. May not be the exact same corner but your bike is so far off direction wise this can be used as an example.

image.png.11912ded9b74ac356f3fb14d2e72a4f4.png

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, blue03636 said:

The fact that you are turning in early which it's causing you to point the wrong direction. But hey, you know it all.

I never claimed to know it all, I think that's your domain, Craig. Thank god we have someone on here with your vast experience to hand out sage advice on things they have no first-hand experience with.

2 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

There is a lot to be learned from Craig.

Now since you cant remember if this is 15 or 16 I drew lines for both. Regardless of what corner you're in - your bike is pointed in the wrong direction. Black line is where your bike looks like it's pointed and green line is where it should be pointed as your stand it up from apex while you reduce lean angle and give it gas.

image.thumb.png.4d51a5a9167272325dbd896c036d9560.png

Look at the next picture, this kid has his bike pointed in the direction he wants to go. The red line shows where your grom was pointing. May not be the exact same corner but your bike is so far off direction wise this can be used as an example.

image.png.11912ded9b74ac356f3fb14d2e72a4f4.png

"Looks like" being the key phrase here. The photo you posted of the kid was not taken from the same angle and I don't think it is even the same corner (that may be turn 7 from the map above).

See the red line right between your green and black lines and right after the apex in T15? That's likely where the photo was taken. Where would the bike be pointed at that exact moment? At the grass, because I am mid turn. Your green lines make no sense for that section of the track as you would be scrubbing way too much speed to apex that late with the first green line, and your 2nd green line, while a bit closer to reality, is still not a great situation for that corner as again you'd be scrubbing too much speed to turn in tight enough to hit the apex there.

I said earlier that maybe that photo was taken one of the two times I blew that corner that day, but it's unlikely as both of those times I was battling someone and pushed wide, and they would have been in the shot. Obviously I need to find areas to improve otherwise I would be leading in points this year, but this whole discussion is pointless as it's just based on speculation.

Edited by what

@kbrok let me take his Aprilia out a couple weeks ago and had a blast.  I "rode" Derek's GSXR1000 for a session last year, but I felt more comfortable on this thing and boy howdy was it a hoot.  I mean, it's no 900SS, but what is, honestly?  Maybe they'll do a refresh in a few years and could pick up one of this gen on the cheap.

received_709755959871063.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, jacobhawkins said:

Did you get that brake guard to match your gloves?

Got it to match the scheme I'm thinking of for the next bike LOL.

I should've had my red gloves on anyway since I was wearing that helmet not the white one. *fancy*

Edited by TimTheAzn

4 hours ago, what said:

I never claimed to know it all, I think that's your domain, Craig. Thank god we have someone on here with your vast experience to hand out sage advice on things they have no first-hand experience with.

Yep, never ridden a bike on track before. I tried to help, you're apparently to good for it as all you do is make excuses and tell people how wrong they are.

Enjoy, I'll sick to giving advise to people that want it.

18 hours ago, blue03636 said:

Oh I understand the pic, what I don't understand is your lack of wanting to learn.

18 hours ago, what said:

Relax, this isn't meant to be a pissing contest. 

Andy, 

You were 6 seconds off the pace from Farkas who rides almost an identical bike to you (1.11.8 vs 1.17.6).  Yes, you have a weight disadvantage, but there is lots of time to be made up in places.   Maybe his suggestions will help or maybe you have the best line, but I will admit the bike does look pointed in the wrong direction.  No sense in having a pissing contest to prove you being right or him being wrong.  Just take it with a grain of salt and see if it helps.  If it doesn't, congratulations.  None of us are going pro, so no sense in not just listening and trying to improve. 

Prime example for me was seeing this photo 
Image may contain: one or more people, motorcycle and outdoor

I realize I wasn't getting the bike turned even though I thought I had the best line.  Made some adjustments and cut a good amount of time off my laps from last year.   

The community is small and we all need to support everyone in getting better.  

Edited by DerekClouser
  • Upvote 4

3 hours ago, jacobhawkins said:

@kbrok let me take his Aprilia out a couple weeks ago and had a blast.  I "rode" Derek's GSXR1000 for a session last year, but I felt more comfortable on this thing and boy howdy was it a hoot.  I mean, it's no 900SS, but what is, honestly?  Maybe they'll do a refresh in a few years and could pick up one of this gen on the cheap.

They have sold more tuonos than rsv4's if you don't mind smacking on clip ons. Some of the updates take a few years to trickle down too.