Random Track Talk

TimTheAzn

On 10/18/2019 at 3:21 PM, TimTheAzn said:

Uh, those guys have more grip than mid ohio in the cold or wet.

Have you watched ice racing before? Some of those racers have more grip than a MotoGP bike. 😳

Ofcourse when your tires look like this....

17020917c944977900ddfda1111b6812.jpg

Edited by CBBaron
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

NBA cancelled. Masters Cancelled.

Daytona 200 still running (without fans).

Other sports should take notes from one that requires 2 balls :)

DORNA CEO Carmelo Ezpeleta said yesterday that, despite delays, the MotoGP season will go on.

MotoGP.com is offering the "10 Best races in MotoGP" for free until racing resumes at Jerez.  Might help to pass the time while self quarantined or working from home.  

2 minutes ago, MSerfozo said:

DORNA CEO Carmelo Ezpeleta said yesterday that, despite delays, the MotoGP season will go on.

MotoGP.com is offering the "10 Best races in MotoGP" for free until racing resumes at Jerez.  Might help to pass the time while self quarantined or working from home.  

Already paid lots of money for the premium subscription, its been auto renewing since like 2016! Can watch all the old crap I want :dunno:

6 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Already paid lots of money for the premium subscription, its been auto renewing since like 2016! Can watch all the old crap I want :dunno:

I`m waiting to see if they offer a discount before I pony up.  I`ll subscribe just before Jerez either way.

How are you watching Daytona?

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, TwiztedRabbit said:

wera just open up roebling road racing middle of the month, bet some track days will be right behind

Thats great, after all of us made other plans because we figured we werent going to a state that was number 7 on the coronavirus cases list.

9 minutes ago, Muckles said:

If things open up and I find a job, I'd be interested in attending my first track day. Need lots of things to happens first but it was on my to-do list before all the nonsense happened.

Not as much as you think. You got painters tape and a well maintained motorcycle? Do you have $75 to rent a suit, pair of boots, and gloves? Or just $50 for a suit? Then you can come do a track day with us. N2 runs a program for first time track riders where you can try out 2 sessions for free if you've never turned a wheel on track before. If you decide to ride the rest of the day you can pay a special low rate to ride the rest of the day.

Check out our rider's manual. https://www.n2td.org/manuals-and-forms/

Our calendar: https://www.n2td.org/calendar/

12 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Not as much as you think. You got painters tape and a well maintained motorcycle? Do you have $75 to rent a suit, pair of boots, and gloves? Or just $50 for a suit? Then you can come do a track day with us. N2 runs a program for first time track riders where you can try out 2 sessions for free if you've never turned a wheel on track before. If you decide to ride the rest of the day you can pay a special low rate to ride the rest of the day.

Check out our rider's manual. https://www.n2td.org/manuals-and-forms/

Our calendar: https://www.n2td.org/calendar/

Painter's tape: check

Well maintained bike: check

Boots and gloves: check

Ability to squeeze my fat ass into a rental suit: questionable

Money to rent said suit: check

I'll check out the links I appreciate the information!

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Muckles said:

Painter's tape: check

Well maintained bike: check

Boots and gloves: check

Ability to squeeze my fat ass into a rental suit: questionable

Money to rent said suit: check

I'll check out the links I appreciate the information!

We have rentals up to 60EU or 56US.

You'll most likely ride with us at our Nelsons Ledges or Pittsburgh International Race Complex weekends as those would be the closest.

38 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

We have rentals up to 60EU or 56US.

You'll most likely ride with us at our Nelsons Ledges or Pittsburgh International Race Complex weekends as those would be the closest.

Well i should fit in a euro 58, so looks like that is covered. I read through the membership handbook and checked out the schedule. I hear Pittsburgh is a nice track.

25 minutes ago, Muckles said:

Well i should fit in a euro 58, so looks like that is covered. I read through the membership handbook and checked out the schedule. I hear Pittsburgh is a nice track.

Its probably one of the best this side of the Mississippi all things considering, new pavement (2018), layout, facilities. 

I consider it my home track and I live in Cleveland. Have a lot of laps there. Heck thats where my sig pic is from.

Edited by TimTheAzn
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

Its probably one of the best this side of the Mississippi all things considering, new pavement (2018), layout, facilities. 

I consider it my home track and I live in Cleveland. Have a lot of laps there. Heck thats where my sig pic is from.

Any current plans for which weekend people might be going to Pitt or Nelson? Would like to go when I at least kinda of know someone that might buddy up in the pits with me.

I agree PITT is one of the finest tracks in the nation right now.. it's my fav and I dont get to run it enough.. that said everything tim mentioned is available through STT as well (cross plug) and  We will be at Grattan in 1.5 weeks woo!

41 minutes ago, Muckles said:

Any current plans for which weekend people might be going to Pitt or Nelson? Would like to go when I at least kinda of know someone that might buddy up in the pits with me.

LOL any of the Pitt or Nelsons days I should be there as well as a group of others that are on Ohio Riders but arent as active.

38 minutes ago, TwiztedRabbit said:

I agree PITT is one of the finest tracks in the nation right now.. it's my fav and I dont get to run it enough.. that said everything tim mentioned is available through STT as well (cross plug) and  We will be at Grattan in 1.5 weeks woo!

Thanks for the additional resource! I'll have to see what STT offers.

14 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

LOL any of the Pitt or Nelsons days I should be there as well as a group of others that are on Ohio Riders but arent as active.

June at Pitt looks promising

17 minutes ago, Muckles said:

Thanks for the additional resource! I'll have to see what STT offers.

June at Pitt looks promising

Yup. Let me know in advance if you want to get in on that. That place sells out pretty much every weekend. You'd start with creating an N2 account on the website which gives you access to an online portal. But the Try the Track thing is a manual registration process so I have to do that on the back-end.

2 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

Yup. Let me know in advance if you want to get in on that. That place sells out pretty much every weekend. You'd start with creating an N2 account on the website which gives you access to an online portal. But the Try the Track thing is a manual registration process so I have to do that on the back-end.

Okay, let me see if I'm going to be able to do that weekend. I'll make sure to let you know.