Random Track Talk

TimTheAzn

12 hours ago, what said:

If I can get comparable grip to the Q4s out of an SC3 rear I'd be happy.

I don't think that will be a problem. I think the SC3 will last longer too. Only drawback is the SC3 is still a true race tire so you'll need warmers whereas the Q4 and also the Pirelli TD tires can go without warmers.

I'm thinking about trying out the Pirelli TD tire on my stock wheels for coaching so i don't have to worry about warmers. Just hop on and go. Mark J ran 1:31.5 at MidO on them.  

40 minutes ago, OSUYZFR1 said:

I don't think that will be a problem. I think the SC3 will last longer too. Only drawback is the SC3 is still a true race tire so you'll need warmers whereas the Q4 and also the Pirelli TD tires can go without warmers.

I'm thinking about trying out the Pirelli TD tire on my stock wheels for coaching so i don't have to worry about warmers. Just hop on and go. Mark J ran 1:31.5 at MidO on them.  

Cool, I'll probably grab some SC3's for my next set of tires then. 

2 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

SCRUB THEM IN BEFORE THE FIRST SESSION IF POSSIBLE.

Mine were fine after like 2 laps of scrub. Every session after that I was digging my knee in after turn 7 on the first lap (not running warmers). They heat up FAST. 

Edited by what
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, what said:

Mine were fine after like 2 laps of scrub. Every session after that I was digging my knee in after turn 7 on the first lap (not running warmers). They heat up FAST. 

That's 2 more laps than the 3 individuals I'm thinking about had that all got caught out 1st session of a day on Q tires.

They are great tires, just cant send them first lap first session like your on slicks/warmers lol!

• Beer 1

28 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

That's 2 more laps than the 3 individuals I'm thinking about had that all got caught out 1st session of a day on Q tires.

They are great tires, just cant send them first lap first session like your on slicks/warmers lol!

Yeah you'd have to be a silly goose to go ham first session on fresh tires. 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Limitedslip7 said:

Where's the best place to get a 180/55R17 Superbike slick SC2? I used to get my tires from STG but they switched to Michelin and stopped carrying Pirelli race tires

Trackside tires

https://tracksidetires.com/

Dunno if they have the best pricing. I get them on a staff discount. But that's who I've been sourcing tires from.

Edited by TimTheAzn

1 hour ago, Limitedslip7 said:

Where's the best place to get a 180/55R17 Superbike slick SC2? I used to get my tires from STG but they switched to Michelin and stopped carrying Pirelli race tires

Mark Junge at MidOhio is selling Pirelli's.