Random Track Talk

TimTheAzn

7 hours ago, jacobhawkins said:

I'll be out of town, hoping for MidO on Monday.

You going on the 8th or the 9th? Dempsey and I are going on Monday assuming weather is nice but we heard you weren't going to be back in town until Tuesday... 

55 minutes ago, Limitedslip7 said:

You going on the 8th or the 9th? Dempsey and I are going on Monday assuming weather is nice but we heard you weren't going to be back in town until Tuesday... 

He keeps saying Monday but he means Tuesday. I may go Tuesday but I don't know yet. I have no certs.

Duct tape boots pass tech right? 

Edited by what

9 hours ago, Limitedslip7 said:

Correct, Tuesday.  Because I'm an idiot and cant read a calendar. I'm back in town the 8th, Tuesday the 9th is my mid Ohio day.

Our buddy Kevin took this video on Sunday.  I just couldn't get around our other buddy Shorty in front of me.  Great battle all race long.  Last lap starts around 9:55.

One of my favorite races I've been in, wish I came out on top, but there's always next time.  Huge fun.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, jacobhawkins said:

Our buddy Kevin took this video on Sunday.  I just couldn't get around our other buddy Shorty in front of me.  Great battle all race long.  Last lap starts around 9:55.

One of my favorite races I've been in, wish I came out on top, but there's always next time.  Huge fun.

Nice pass. You learn anything from him passing you there?

29 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Nice pass. You learn anything from him passing you there?

Gas sooner, brake later.  I didn't want to shove Shorty out or run over the guy in front.  Kind of a tough spot and once I did get on it, I just didn't have enough juice to keep ahead.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, jacobhawkins said:

Gas sooner, brake later.  I didn't want to shove Shorty out or run over the guy in front.  Kind of a tough spot and once I did get on it, I just didn't have enough juice to keep ahead.

I think you totally had him dead to rights if you would'a used all the track in the last corner!

1 hour ago, jacobhawkins said:

you forgot your chrome spray before the race so you weren't juiced enough.

WITNESS ME

5 hours ago, TMC Customs said:

Anyone want to share a garage at mid-Ohio on Tuesday?

Won't be needing a garage, but myself and a few buddies from here @what, @DerekClouser, and @kbrok will be there hopefully sporting our mini race team flag, if it's still in Derek's toy hauler.  Mach Zero Racing, high viz green.  Stop on over and say hey.  I'll be on my Triumph, Andy's CBR 1K, Kevin on the RSV4 and Derek on his GSXR.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, jacobhawkins said:

Won't be needing a garage, but myself and a few buddies from here @what, @DerekClouser, and @kbrok will be there hopefully sporting our mini race team flag, if it's still in Derek's toy hauler.  Mach Zero Racing, high viz green.  Stop on over and say hey.  I'll be on my Triumph, Andy's CBR 1K, Kevin on the RSV4 and Derek on his GSXR.

I will definitely look for you. Are you all in the advanced group?

1 hour ago, jacobhawkins said:

Great, Derek is running I to start, but should be A with the rest of us before the end of the day.

Gonna make sure to give him the good ole welcome to A session? ;) aka have all of you line up behind him in hot pit and take turns.... :lol:

• Haha 1