Random Track Talk

TimTheAzn

This is how my day ended yesterday at Nelsons; 3PM session. Coming out of turn 13, back wheel spun and instinct was to let off gas (dumbass). Bucked back and forth couple times with me going kind of over the bars and off to the side. The bike landed on me and we slide for quite a ways until it came off. I stopped in the middle of the track, bike off to the side. Once i realized i was ok, i ran over, turned it off and jumped the wall.

The suit rubbed through and luckily the back protector belt pad took the rest of the rash. I got a nasty rug burn on my ear and neck from the helmet strap. I think the foot peg landed on my calf, very localized pain and hurts to walk on it. But other than that i'm fine. Things to be replaced: suit, helmet, windscreen, levers and rearset. 

20190622_155419.jpg

• Sad 1

Man, what a fun weekend at Nelson's. Couldn't have asked for better weather. On another note, or team took 3rd in the endurance race on Sunday. My stint was all out of wack having to go out on cold tires due to the plug vibrating out of the generator. It was in my head for the next 20 min. Managed to settle in to the 13s for the next 25 min. Should have been in the 11s but I'll take what my mind will let me run. Props to @TimTheAzn on his first race, first race start and smashing in some quick laps for us.

received_579319962594134.jpeg

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, blue03636 said:

Man, what a fun weekend at Nelson's. Couldn't have asked for better weather. On another note, or team took 3rd in the endurance race on Sunday. My stint was all out of wack having to go out on cold tires due to the plug vibrating out of the generator. It was in my head for the next 20 min. Managed to settle in to the 13s for the next 25 min. Should have been in the 11s but I'll take what my mind will let me run. Props to @TimTheAzn on his first race, first race start and smashing in some quick laps for us.

received_579319962594134.jpeg

How does the endurance race work?  Same bike for all riders on the team?  Required min time per rider? 

2 minutes ago, jacobhawkins said:

How does the endurance race work?  Same bike for all riders on the team?  Required min time per rider? 

They had different classes. Light, middle and heavy weight everyone on 1 bike or pony express where everyone rides their own bike. 2-4 riders for each class and each person rides as much as the team agrees on. We just ran everyone until the fuel light kicks on which my stint was the shortest on the zx10 of about 45-50 min.

• Upvote 1

Had a good time this weekend as well doing a track day and then helping out with the more technical end of the endurance race behind the computer with the timing and scoring. I have quite a bit to learn but it was fun learning and watching the times come in. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/23/2019 at 10:04 AM, ludwb675 said:

This is how my day ended yesterday at Nelsons; 3PM session. Coming out of turn 13, back wheel spun and instinct was to let off gas (dumbass). Bucked back and forth couple times with me going kind of over the bars and off to the side. The bike landed on me and we slide for quite a ways until it came off. I stopped in the middle of the track, bike off to the side. Once i realized i was ok, i ran over, turned it off and jumped the wall.

The suit rubbed through and luckily the back protector belt pad took the rest of the rash. I got a nasty rug burn on my ear and neck from the helmet strap. I think the foot peg landed on my calf, very localized pain and hurts to walk on it. But other than that i'm fine. Things to be replaced: suit, helmet, windscreen, levers and rearset. 

20190622_155419.jpg

So glad you are okay... didn't see it happen but that was a nasty high side. Glad for good gear to wear. Hope the ear starts feeling better.

• Upvote 1

Had a good time gridding up. Accidental wheelie during the first race start. Let the clutch all the way out and hammered on the gas debunking the myth sv650’s don’t do wheelies. The second start after the red flag was much better. Ran some decent lap times with my best coming in as a 16.8 on my sv. Was able to chase Chris and his 750 down and pass him on the last lap of my stint.

A8C2B2F5-CE94-4BE1-861B-826C64B4D2A9.jpeg

00631394-2616-40D7-A382-7E1341B5C4ED.jpeg

Edited by TimTheAzn
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, DerekClouser said:

OMRL at PIRC this weekend.  Who's coming to practice and/or race?

Saturday practice from 4-8 $50.00

Sunday Normal Race Schedule...

I'm there for both days.  Going to be great, the track is amazing.