Random Track Talk

TimTheAzn

16 hours ago, TwiztedRabbit said:

ahh man, 1 week out.. and heading to  cold gingerman… and I still dont have my bodywork back rut roh

I've been sending weekly notes to the painter who's doing mine.  At least it's just vanity for mine, don't really need bodywork for trackday.  Racing, you gotta have it!  

Good day at MidO yesterday.  Perfect weather, really open track.  Felt good to be back on the Daytona, and yes, all the pistons left in nearly the same condition they arrived.  Nice to meet @jhughes and share a pit.  Can't wait till next time.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, jacobhawkins said:

I've been sending weekly notes to the painter who's doing mine.  At least it's just vanity for mine, don't really need bodywork for trackday.  Racing, you gotta have it!  

Good day at MidO yesterday.  Perfect weather, really open track.  Felt good to be back on the Daytona, and yes, all the pistons left in nearly the same condition they arrived.  Nice to meet @jhughes and share a pit.  Can't wait till next time.

What were temps like for first session? It was still only around 50 here at like 9:30. 

29 minutes ago, jacobhawkins said:

I'd guess mid 60s to start?  Immediately felt great.

Kevin got some pretty baller metrics from his AIM for you, Jacob :) Sector times, good/bad spots where you are gaining/losing time each lap, etc. I kind of want one now. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, what said:

Kevin got some pretty baller metrics from his AIM for you, Jacob :) Sector times, good/bad spots where you are gaining/losing time each lap, etc. I kind of want one now. 

How does someone get metrics for someone else?

6 minutes ago, blue03636 said:

Did you cut any good lap times?

Meh, best was a 1:49.  Seemed like I was 1:50 most of the day.  Top speed at the limiter before the kink was 137.  Data tells me I'm a weenie through turn 1 and headed into madness for sure.  That's where I'm going to focus next time, lots of ground to make up elsewhere obviously, but had a blast on the first day of the year.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jacobhawkins said:

Meh, best was a 1:49.  Seemed like I was 1:50 most of the day.  Top speed at the limiter before the kink was 137.  Data tells me I'm a weenie through turn 1 and headed into madness for sure.  That's where I'm going to focus next time, lots of ground to make up elsewhere obviously, but had a blast on the first day of the year.  

Data is huge in making improvements.

• Upvote 1