Random Track Talk

TimTheAzn

Funny story from this past summer.  Was in the middle of nowhere Montana, Walking into a McDonalds with all my gear.   Older guy looks at me then at my bike (WR250R) and says "Nice bike.  My grandson rides Yamaha's".   "Oh yeah?"   "Yep.  His name is Josh Herrin, ever hear of him?"  Shit!  I wanted to get the old guy's autograph!  :o

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Qman said:

Funny story from this past summer.  Was in the middle of nowhere Montana, Walking into a McDonalds with all my gear.   Older guy looks at me then at my bike (WR250R) and says "Nice bike.  My grandson rides Yamaha's".   "Oh yeah?"   "Yep.  His name is Josh Herrin, ever hear of him?"  Shit!  I wanted to get the old guy's autograph!  :o

Yea he's gonna be on a Zuki this year!

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2019 at 2:42 PM, ludwb675 said:

Anyone see a schedule yet for Mid-O? 

Last I checked it was up but you had to search through the calendar on their website. 

They revamped their website and it is pretty bad. The size of the webpage changes with their scrolling bar at the top of the page so if you are on a phone, it is useless. If you are on a computer, it is really annoying. The page size changes every 3-5 seconds. 

From N2 - a number of people ride with them on the forum: https://www.n2td.org/faq/

Different orgs have different rules, but overall they are fairly similar. Really it's just about showing up, accepting you're gonna be slower than a lot of the people there, and focusing on learning and having fun. Also remember to bring shade, something to sit on, some form of hydration maybe some bananas and some sodium to help stay cramp resistant and not get dehydrated. I can down 2 bottles of water after every session all day long and never have to pee, it creeps up on you fast. 

A video I found that might be helpful? I didn't watch all of it: 

Edited by what

N2 has an intro group which is free and will allow you to ride in the morning in a group following a CR. If you wat to continue to ride in the afternoon you can pay for the day and ride the rest of the afternoon. 

If you decide to go to a n2 day let me know. There are a few of us that will probably be around and you can pit with us and not worry about bringing water or food, we got you covered. 

Mid Ohio and STT are good options as well though some of the STT events are a bit further of a drive depending on where you are from.  

Mid-O is a bit of a gamble though because of the track surface, whether or not you have a good time depends highly on the unpredictable ohio weather. If you do choose mid ohio, make sure it is warm and dry on the day you go. Other tracks dont really share this problem. 

It's a great track when conditions are good. 

If someone is interested in N2's try the track offer please email us at support@n2td.org with the subject "Try the Track". If you know you want to take advantage of this offer, please create an account with us at n2td.org and in the email provide us with your member number and the date/track you would like to be registered for. This particular offer is manually registered on the back end so as long as I have a member number and a date to go off of I can register you for the intro group.

Dan is correct, we allow 2 free sessions as long as you, your gear, and motorcycle pass tech. You have the option to pay a special rate for the rest of the day if you decide to continue or you can walk away without owning anything.

This is only offered to people that have never been on track before. Email in and I'll get you taken care of.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Added a few other track days to @ludwb675 list. This list is everything near me (Findlay, Ohio) at a track I want to try this year. This is not an all inclusive list but I figured others could use the compiled information. 

Summer Schedule.pdf