Random Track Talk

TimTheAzn

On 11/18/2018 at 7:32 AM, TMC Customs said:

I heard Mid-Ohio has some kind of Black Friday special where you can get a good deal on track time. Can anyone give me info on that? I couldn’t find anything on their website. 

N2 Trackdays also discounts track day packages, and you wont be stuck going to one track either. You will have the option to attend any of the track days N2 runs, from PIRC to Road Atlanta, NCBike, VIR, etc (lots of choices).

There are 6 day/12 day/18 day/ and season track day packages available. When the days are averaged out, you pay less per day than you would buying them individually on 95% of the tracks we run.

The 12 and up track day packages also include the Elite Membership (Normally $250) and allows lots of flexibility, my favorite benefit of the Elite Membership is  the ability to cancel up to 8AM the day of the track day and you get your day back.

More info here:

https://www.n2td.org/

Let me know if you had any other questions. The packages aren't available for sale yet, but will be very, very soon. ;)

i have to throw it out as well Sportbike Track time will have their schedule out soon, We offer big discounts on days when buying bundles or loyalty cards, included in all memberships is trackday crash/ mechanical "insurance" meaning if you crash or have a mechanical and are unable to continue we will credit up to a full day for  future use. as well as a generous  discount and reschedule policy  as well as tire and product discounts through STS and APEX.

On 11/18/2018 at 7:32 AM, TMC Customs said:

I heard Mid-Ohio has some kind of Black Friday special where you can get a good deal on track time. Can anyone give me info on that? I couldn’t find anything on their website. 

I think it's Cyber Monday.  Has been the last couple years.  I live pretty close to Mid O and went several times last year, real easy for me to take a vacation day and go ride a motorcycle as fast as I can.  I'll be doing a few N2 days and some with STT next season.  Well actually, I'll be down in Alabama on Friday to do a day with STT on Saturday.  That's going to be great!

On 11/19/2018 at 11:40 AM, TimTheAzn said:

N2 Trackdays also discounts track day packages, and you wont be stuck going to one track either. You will have the option to attend any of the track days N2 runs, from PIRC to Road Atlanta, NCBike, VIR, etc (lots of choices).

There are 6 day/12 day/18 day/ and season track day packages available. When the days are averaged out, you pay less per day than you would buying them individually on 95% of the tracks we run.

The 12 and up track day packages also include the Elite Membership (Normally $250) and allows lots of flexibility, my favorite benefit of the Elite Membership is  the ability to cancel up to 8AM the day of the track day and you get your day back.

More info here:

https://www.n2td.org/

Let me know if you had any other questions. The packages aren't available for sale yet, but will be very, very soon. ;)

They are for sale now .....just bought a 6 day pack👍

Track Report

So, Little Tally is a fun track. I wouldn't pay more than $100 for a day there but for the price it's fine. The track is built for smaller bikes, I was hitting 3rd gear twice for a very short time, the rest of the track was 2nd. Railing on a 300 or a 650 there would be about perfect I think.

The surface has tons of grip, even in the wet. I had my knee down in the first session with the track semi-dry and somewhat chilly (50 degrees or so air temp). The downside is that with the track being all left turns except for one, your tires get pretty roasted pretty fast. Both Jacob and I finally got to experience what Rossi has been fighting with all season 75% into every race. I now understand why he slows down so much, a wandering rear tire is not a good feeling. I also got to experience my first power-slide because of this, which was a combination of fun and pucker-y. Not something I want to do a lot of, but I have to say the mini-racing this summer helped a lot with being able to recover and not highside. We constantly lose the rear on those little bikes. 

The track facilities are pretty bare-bones, however they have a nice control tower disguised as a silo, and the instruction/meeting area is actually in a building set up with a white board and so on. Power is available, but there are no garages. With a sold out weekend and the yamaha demo truck there, we were able to find room on a paved surface to set up our pit area and there was still some room available. One downside to the way the track is set up is the pit and everything else is set up in the infield and you can't leave when the track is active. They have railroad crossing guards set up that block all traffic when it is a hot track. They lift the gates briefly between each session. 

STT did a good job running the event, we should have some pretty decent photos to post tomorrow at some point from the main sponsor 129photos.com. We got pretty lucky and STT/129Photos had Thermosman there all Saturday setting up people's suspensions for free, which was pretty cool. For a thanksgiving weekend trackday, I have no complaints and will probably be attending again next year.

Edited by what

1 hour ago, Jester_ said:

Looks like a good trip. How far was the drive?

N2 always has an event at barber that weekend that cpumd be a possible alternative as well.

Yeah, if you're looking for a big track with amenities, Barber would be the one to go to. Nothing against little tally, but it's just that, little. It was great for $90 though! 

The drive was about 9 hours each way, with stops. It's only about 40 minutes from Barber, just east of Birmingham. 

43 minutes ago, F4iguy said:

Question for the N2 experts.  I had two track days left on my 6 day package.  Are they use it or lose it?

Typically its use it or loose it. Email into support, I'll see what we can do.

support@n2td.org

5 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

How was that gearing change?

3rd gear power wheelies and power sliding out of corners now. no highsides, but one was real close, lol... though that was probably more to do with my tire being roasted. 

16 hours ago, jacobhawkins said:

I obliterated the left side of mine.  Slippy slide all over the last session.  Made it through the first corner and threw my hand up!  Haha

Tim, what do you do for N2?

Back-end customer support. Bumps/certs/coupons/packages/memberships/gear reservations/customer issues/general questions/etc.

2 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

Back-end customer support. Bumps/certs/coupons/packages/memberships/gear reservations/customer issues/general questions/etc.

when do i get my new rider track day introductory discount voucher?