Random Track Talk

TimTheAzn

4 minutes ago, blue03636 said:

It's not going to help you. :D

Hey, you may just tow me to a bump. Howbowdah?

Don't make me pass you on the back straight to only become a rolling road block into turn 10 :lol:

Edited by TimTheAzn

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone tried the Pirelli Superbike SC3's?

Sportbiketrackgear has been completely useless in trying to get information. Pirelli's website is not up to date. And the web is mostly useless. 

They have discontinued the Superbike Pro (trackday tire). And i am wondering how the life is on the SC3's. They are supposed to be an endurance spec tire. 

I'm leaning toward an SC2 front and SC3 rear. 

Also, going from the Pro to the Superbike will change the rear from a 180/55 to 180/60. 

Edited by ludwb675

I would not use a sc3 imo. 

Personally I prefer an sc2 front and sc1 rear depending on track temperature. 

Send an email to Mike@metricdevilmoto.com with any tire questions you have and he will point you in the right direction. 

14 hours ago, Jester_ said:

I would not use a sc3 imo. 

Personally I prefer an sc2 front and sc1 rear depending on track temperature. 

Send an email to Mike@metricdevilmoto.com with any tire questions you have and he will point you in the right direction. 

Thanks for the info, i'll send him a note. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
24 minutes ago, ludwb675 said:

So do i go with the 92F at PIRC on sat or gamble with the 77F 30% rain at Mid-O on Monday. 

PIRC. A bunch of us will be there. What group do you run with N2?  

I know @F4iguy will be at Mid-O Monday.

Edited by TimTheAzn
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

PIRC. A bunch of us will be there. What group do you run with N2?  

I know @F4iguy will be at Mid-O Monday.

Haven't ridden there in 2-3 years so I would still be in the N group. 

I'll probably check the weather tomorrow morning and make the call. 92 is just so hot. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, ludwb675 said:

Haven't ridden there in 2-3 years so I would still be in the N group. 

I'll probably check the weather tomorrow morning and make the call. 92 is just so hot. 

Bring a towel to throw in the cooler for when you are off bike. Makes a world of difference. I prefer a hot track to a cold one!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ludwb675 said:

Monday is down to 20% rain. Just signed up for Mid-O. 

Have fun at PIRC! I'll be there at some point this summer. 

Me too - just signed up for Monday at MO.  I will come down there Sunday afternoon and if the weather is decent, do the Twilight as well.  Got lots of certs to use up!  Look me up Brian.  Now a member of the 675 club!

Capture1.jpg

Edited by F4iguy
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, F4iguy said:

Me too - just signed up for Monday at MO.  I will come down there Sunday afternoon and if the weather is decent, do the Twilight as well.  Got lots of certs to use up!  Look me up Brian.  Now a member of the 675 club!

What class do you run? I'm in intermediate and usually file in around the #2 in the pits before the session. I don't have a number on my bike though. 

I got the 675 years ago cause no one had them; that and how awesome they are. Now they are everywhere!

8 minutes ago, ludwb675 said:

What class do you run? I'm in intermediate and usually file in around the #2 in the pits before the session. I don't have a number on my bike though. 

I got the 675 years ago cause no one had them; that and how awesome they are. Now they are everywhere!

Intermediate also.  I'll keep a look out for you.

Yesterday ended up being a perfect day at Mid-O. Rain held off until the last session was over (except for novice). They were lined up in the pits as it was sprinkling but i think the coaches made the right move and cancelled the last session. 

I set another PR for the year with a 1:44.2. I was consistently running in the 44-48's without traffic. It's hard to explain but i think the more experienced riders will understand. But as i was riding faster, everything seemed to slow down. I was carrying a lot more speed through the corners but it felt slow; maybe slow isn't the correct term. I'm assuming this is just from experience and learning the track more. 

Either way, I greatly improved my turn 8, 9 and 13 corner speeds. The next corners to work on is 1 and 11b? (the right hander over the hill going into thunder valley). Those are both fast turns i know i slow down too much for. 

• Upvote 1