Jump to content

Random Track Talk


TimTheAzn

Recommended Posts

Figured this can be a thread for random track shit that doesn't really deserve in it's own thread.

 

Saw on Instagram a few days ago that PIRC is also doing some curb work along with the re-paving. If only Nelsons could get their process rolling.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TimTheAzn said:

Figured this can be a thread for random track shit that doesn't really deserve in it's own thread.

 

Saw on Instagram a few days ago that PIRC is also doing some curb work along with the re-paving. If only Nelsons could get their process rolling.

Waiting on EPA issues to get resolved first. It's going to take some time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't understand what they could be encountering that the owner didn't anticipate.  It's not like the tires were hidden.

There are a lot of 'unseen' property regulations (things like disturbing or redirecting waterways and run-off), but still - who buys a fucking road course without checking into that???

I'm a bit worried this guy may be having some buyer's remorse now that he's seeing actual costs of ownership.  PIRC is doing something right.  If I have any concern for them, it's that they're sinking too much money into it too quickly.   Fingers crossed that the MotoAmerica round is a big winner for them.

 

Speaking of that, who was it that offered up their (parents'?) property as an ORDN camp ground for the weekend?  I may have to bring my oldest with me in order to spend an entire weekend away from home, but I'd give it a try...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm sure you're right, but how did the 'new' owner not anticipate these things, or work some clause into the sale contract that puts the previous owners on the hook for a portion of the remediation costs?

I hope the guy got a great deal if it's really turning into a lot more expense than he bargained for...  Any land sale contract without a "parachute" clause should be cheap cheap cheap.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, redkow97 said:

Speaking of that, who was it that offered up their (parents'?) property as an ORDN camp ground for the weekend?  I may have to bring my oldest with me in order to spend an entire weekend away from home, but I'd give it a try...

Not sure, but I'd be down to camp and watch some racing next year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, redkow97 said:

I'm sure you're right, but how did the 'new' owner not anticipate these things, or work some clause into the sale contract that puts the previous owners on the hook for a portion of the remediation costs?

I hope the guy got a great deal if it's really turning into a lot more expense than he bargained for...  Any land sale contract without a "parachute" clause should be cheap cheap cheap.

He may have known about them but assumed he could just quickly fix the issue or just didn't really care how long it takes to resolve them. He may also be arguing with them to reduce what needs done. I would love to see the EPA report on the place to see what the issues are but I doubt those will be available.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I also still don't see where the sale of the land has gone through just yet. Last I heard was the final price was still being worked out.  Some differences there.  Probably has a lot to do with the environmental issues, etc. 

Edited by blue-yamaR6s
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, blue-yamaR6s said:

I also still don't see where the sale of the land has gone through just yet. Last I heard was the final price was still being worked out.  Some differences there.  Probably has a lot to do with the environmental issues, etc. 

You may never see that as the owner purchased the company that owned the land. The tax mailing address has changed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, blue03636 said:

You may never see that as the owner purchased the company that owned the land. The tax mailing address has changed.

You are right...didn't notice that.  I did hear that the Twp did rezone it to fit the wishes of the new owner.  Hoping they clear the obstacles they need to continue. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great idea for a thread. 

 

I am struggling to get things together for barber. The bike has been ready for weeks but the truck started to leak coolant from the area of the radiator. So I got a new OEM one amazon and put it in as well as new thermostats just because, the radiator was damaged from shipping but I figured I would try it out. Once I got the truck to temp it started leaking and I could hear the bearings in the alternator going bad so I had to take that radiator out and they sent another radiator next day air and I ordered an alternator. I got the new radiator yesterday and it showed up with a hole in the box but I figured I didn't have much of a choice and it started leaking with no pressure in the coolant system. I am not sure if the leak originated from the radiator or trans cooler lines so I am picking up new trans cooler lines tonight and buying a radiator from somewhere local and will change all the lines and radiator and alternator wednesday. But if I cant get all that thrown together then it looks like I will be staying home this weekend... 

And I hit a deer in the 350z on the way to work today

Atleast I am getting real good at changing radiators in dmax trucks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Jester_ said:

Great idea for a thread. 

 

I am struggling to get things together for barber. The bike has been ready for weeks but the truck started to leak coolant from the area of the radiator. So I got a new OEM one amazon and put it in as well as new thermostats just because, the radiator was damaged from shipping but I figured I would try it out. Once I got the truck to temp it started leaking and I could hear the bearings in the alternator going bad so I had to take that radiator out and they sent another radiator next day air and I ordered an alternator. I got the new radiator yesterday and it showed up with a hole in the box but I figured I didn't have much of a choice and it started leaking with no pressure in the coolant system. I am not sure if the leak originated from the radiator or trans cooler lines so I am picking up new trans cooler lines tonight and buying a radiator from somewhere local and will change all the lines and radiator and alternator wednesday. But if I cant get all that thrown together then it looks like I will be staying home this weekend... 

And I hit a deer in the 350z on the way to work today

Atleast I am getting real good at changing radiators in dmax trucks. 

Damn, sounds like an eventful couple days. I hope you are able to get the dmax rolling for this weekend. I'm sad I'm not going to be able to make it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TimTheAzn said:

Damn, sounds like an eventful couple days. I hope you are able to get the dmax rolling for this weekend. I'm sad I'm not going to be able to make it.

Looks like rain on Sunday and the track may not be the best with a high of 65 and lows in the 40s but we will have fun regardless. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Jester_ said:

Looks like rain on Sunday and the track may not be the best with a high of 65 and lows in the 40s but we will have fun regardless. 

Barber is fine at those temps. I was just there a couple weekends ago with similar temps.You can run pretty hard with the temps in the 40's there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/21/2016 at 0:08 PM, blue03636 said:

He may have known about them but assumed he could just quickly fix the issue or just didn't really care how long it takes to resolve them. He may also be arguing with them to reduce what needs done. I would love to see the EPA report on the place to see what the issues are but I doubt those will be available.

or, he may also have chosen to spend the last two months sunning in the Mediterranean. with his money i can't believe he's concerned about these inevitable (or even anticipated) issues. it's be like one us buying a winter beater on craigslist, and then bitching to the seller that it needed a new battery a month later.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/22/2016 at 8:37 AM, Jester_ said:

Great idea for a thread. 

 

I am struggling to get things together for barber. The bike has been ready for weeks but the truck started to leak coolant from the area of the radiator. So I got a new OEM one amazon and put it in as well as new thermostats just because, the radiator was damaged from shipping but I figured I would try it out. Once I got the truck to temp it started leaking and I could hear the bearings in the alternator going bad so I had to take that radiator out and they sent another radiator next day air and I ordered an alternator. I got the new radiator yesterday and it showed up with a hole in the box but I figured I didn't have much of a choice and it started leaking with no pressure in the coolant system. I am not sure if the leak originated from the radiator or trans cooler lines so I am picking up new trans cooler lines tonight and buying a radiator from somewhere local and will change all the lines and radiator and alternator wednesday. But if I cant get all that thrown together then it looks like I will be staying home this weekend... 

And I hit a deer in the 350z on the way to work today

Atleast I am getting real good at changing radiators in dmax trucks. 

Borrow my truck if you don't get your leak fixed in time. Hate to see you miss out on a weekend at Barber because of that. 

Sure, you won't be able to set the cruise at 75 and relax, but it'll get you there!

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, TRMN8TR said:

Borrow my truck if you don't get your leak fixed in time. Hate to see you miss out on a weekend at Barber because of that. 

Sure, you won't be able to set the cruise at 75 and relax, but it'll get you there!

Thanks for the offer, I got the same thing from Ron but if its not fixed after today il chalk it up to "we arent supposed to go"

I got a Radiator from the dealer yesterday and it looks like its going to work ok. I will go out and start wrenching in another hour or so

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...