70's Tomorrow, anybody riding?

Howabusa

1 hour ago, Howabusa said:

Tonik, I passed you in Millersburg. Almost turned around and followed you.

Damn, we could have at least had coffee and shot the shit.  My day was epic.  360 miles, I went way further south and east than I expected. I was making great time so I just kept going hitting all the good roads I could think of.  Great way to end the season.

83 to Choshocton 36 93 541 658 209 83 to the bucket then back east on 78 to 564 145 565 260 26 to 800 and back north to New Philly where I grabbed 21 home. Gto home about 6 pm just as it was getting good and dark.

• Upvote 2

I have been traveling for work WAY too much, my bike time has suffered. Was in Dallas all week, got home around 3 on Friday. It was just too nice of a day not to get a ride in. So spent some time on assorted roads of T-County. Even found time for a picture or 2. Damn what a nice ride

E0318D4D-D762-45ED-A420-B4B48DE60DFF_zps

• Upvote 1

This is BudDaytonDuc from Dayton. The bike looks better in these photos then the ones on the Home Page. You might want to check out this web site. BritRider.com

I have a 2001 Triumph Bonneville in edition to my 2013 Monster EVO. We do monthly rides weather permitting. All riders are welcome. I need another Ducati Rider since my friend Andy who has had serval Ducati motorbikes was transferred to Nashville. I'm BudDaytonRat on BritRider.

• Upvote 1

I need to remind myself to stop and take pictures.  I rode from Mt Vernon to 715 to Warsaw.  We ate lunch and then did some random roads.  On the way home we did 60 to 541 and then some random roads to get back to Sunbury.  Next year I should at least have a cheapo action cam rolling.   On our last ride there was a dog in the middle of the street.  One of the guys hit his horn.  Scared the dog so bad that he literally took a shit in the middle of the road.

• Upvote 1

This is BudDaytonDuc from Dayton. The bike looks better in these photos then the ones on the Home Page. You might want to check out this web site. BritRider.com

I have a 2001 Triumph Bonneville in edition to my 2013 Monster EVO. We do monthly rides weather permitting. All riders are welcome. I need another Ducati Rider since my friend Andy who has had serval Ducati motorbikes was transferred to Nashville. I'm BudDaytonRat on BritRider.

Looking forward to seeing the bikes and doing some riding!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I need to remind myself to stop and take pictures.  I rode from Mt Vernon to 715 to Warsaw.  We ate lunch and then did some random roads.  On the way home we did 60 to 541 and then some random roads to get back to Sunbury.  Next year I should at least have a cheapo action cam rolling.   On our last ride there was a dog in the middle of the street.  One of the guys hit his horn.  Scared the dog so bad that he literally took a shit in the middle of the road.

Lol, poor dog. Yeah I try to always take pics of road trips. It's easier when your not in a group so you can stop and take photos without holding people up. In a group I seldom take photos. But pictures are a great way of documenting a ride and to look back on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shake down ride complete. What stellar day for a ride. Stayed east side of 77 and tried to sample a variety of roads to get a feel for the FJR. She's a keeper. 258 and 164 are rather technical roads and was amazed at how well it handled. Suspension is pretty close. Will try and tweak it next time out. Did not get a full 300 miles in but definitely got a workout tossing that much weight around. Now for some farkles. I think she will see Alabama next year. Barber Museum is on my bucket list. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Upvote 4

44 minutes ago, Wojo72 said:

You were on my local roads, and you missed a couple real good ones. I'm the same way with pictures I get into the ride and forget to stop and click a few. Went the entire fall gap trip and only clicked like 4 pics.

Just now, 2talltim said:

You were on my local roads, and you missed a couple real good ones. I'm the same way with pictures I get into the ride and forget to stop and click a few. Went the entire fall gap trip and only clicked like 4 pics.

I'm all ears for suggestions. :)

12 minutes ago, Al Z. Heimer said:

Shake down ride complete. What stellar day for a ride. Stayed east side of 77 and tried to sample a variety of roads to get a feel for the FJR. She's a keeper. 258 and 164 are rather technical roads and was amazed at how well it handled. Suspension is pretty close. Will try and tweak it next time out. Did not get a full 300 miles in but definitely got a workout tossing that much weight around. Now for some farkles. I think she will see Alabama next year. Barber Museum is on my bucket list. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

You think this bike will make you thin out the herd jerry?

2 hours ago, 2talltim said:

You think this bike will make you thin out the herd jerry?

Probably. The bug for a sport tour ride actually bit me on our Rushmore trip. Seeing Mike,Phil and yourself on Spearfish Canyon having a go made me envious. I was looking for something and came across the little Stromboli and could not pass up on the deal. Plan was to sell it when I found a deal on a FJR but I've come too attached. Ohio,Pa,New York,Maryland,Virginia,West Virginia,Tennessee,North Carolina,Georgia and it did everything I asked and never complained. Perfect backroads smell the roses kinda ride. So it looks like the Super Hawk is gonna go on the chopping block. 

11 hours ago, Al Z. Heimer said:

Probably. The bug for a sport tour ride actually bit me on our Rushmore trip. Seeing Mike,Phil and yourself on Spearfish Canyon having a go made me envious.  

That was a great trip for sure. I was still really new and green on my bike then. Only had it for less than a year at that time. It's amazing how much I have grown on this bike over the last few years and have become one with it. I can't imagine being so fluent and comfortable on any other bike than I am on my 14 right now

On 11/19/2016 at 10:08 AM, Al Z. Heimer said:

Edit: Read through the posts. RIP superhawk.

Edited by TimTheAzn