M&P .22 Compact Suppressor Ready

Tpoppa

11 minutes ago, bowdog said:

This is my new favorite pistol! I got out over the weekend with it and was very pleased at how well this gun shoots...I have only fired it with my suppressor attached and the accuracy is remarkable, after about 30 rounds I was able to start taking the caps off bottles at 20 yards consistently. Ran all different types of ammo through her to test it out and i only had one fail to fire and that was the ammo not the gun. If you are in the market for a 22 pistol i would strongly recommend looking into one of these. Absolute freaking blast to shoot especially suppressed!

Awesome.  It was unfired.  I most likely would have kept it if I had taken it to the range.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tpoppa said:

Awesome.  It was unfired.  I most likely would have kept it if I had taken it to the range.

I am glad that you didn't because I don't think i would have ended up with it if you did! Thanks again for a great deal on a great pistol!!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, redkow97 said:

I shoot the SR22 a lot out of the rental case, but the stories of malfunctions after a few thousand rounds had me hesitant to buy one...

IDK how many thousands of rounds mine has been through.  It usually gets it's ass kicked at the range due to the fun factor.  It will eat anything with suppressor on.  Some stuff will make it hiccup without the added back pressure.  Mine has ran like a champ for the most part.  It was still going in below pic after plowing a channel up the feed ramp through the gunk.  This was after 400 or so rounds of lovely Winchester bulk.  I think I had some troubles with Federal blue box bulk not extracting without suppressor once, but again...suppressed it will eat anything.  Fun little pistols.

Edit:  I did have a little trouble with the mag catch getting gummed up and not grabbing the magazine.  Some cleaning remedied it.  Suppressors on .22lr is a dirty affair!

IMG_20140707_165935581_HDR.jpg

Edited by RCBS
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

How much time and effort was it to buy the suppressor?

Effort is not much, biggest thing with suppressors is you have to deal with the wait...You go in and purchase said suppressor, then your paperwork is sent in to the government well your suppressor sits at your local gun dealers shop. After about a year all the paperwork will come back and then you pay another $200 for the stamp and are able to go pick it up and possess. Todd would be able to elaborate more but that is the jest of it.

• Upvote 2

On 12/20/2016 at 9:10 AM, redkow97 said:

I shoot the SR22 a lot out of the rental case, but the stories of malfunctions after a few thousand rounds had me hesitant to buy one...

I have shot plenty of rounds through mine with no issue.  Ruger's customer service is top notch if a problem were to develop someday.  I personally wouldn't worry about it.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

Now, I want to shoot it ;)

:) anytime! We really should plan something over this winter, I have a few cool toys we could get some rounds down range with and i am sure others around here do as well!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tpoppa said:

I have shot plenty of rounds through mine with no issue.  Ruger's customer service is top notch if a problem were to develop someday.  I personally wouldn't worry about it.

That's awesome to hear. Everything on the rental gun feels ...loose to me.  Probably just the light slide and weak spring, so the 22lr can actually get it to blow-back.  Other than the weird feel, I love the way it shoots.  And it looks pretty damn cool too.  Especially for a 22.