WTB - 748 or (adjustable) 900ss Forks

what

Title says it all. Looking to buy a set of late 90's/early 2000's 748 forks or the adjustable showa forks from a 900ss. Need to be in working condition, internals will more than likely be replaced because I'm fat. 

Long shot I'm sure, but hey. 

On 11/16/2016 at 6:37 AM, Isaac's Papa said:

Did you scour eBay? Monster 900 forks should also fit. 

I've been looking at eBay, but I'd rather buy a pair from someone on here if possible than a mystery set on eBay with mystery rash and mystery dents. ;p

I'll look into the monster forks. I assumed they were the same as the 900ss forks since the bikes share about everything else. 

15 hours ago, vf1000ride said:

I have a set of stock 2006 Showa Ducati 749 forks.  Not sure if they will work for what you're after.

Unfortunately there are a few measurements that are different between the 748/749 forks. Essentially to get the 748 forks to work with my 750 clamps, I need to machine out the upper triple to 53mm and shim the lower triple with a 1mm piece of metal. Everything else bolts right on. The 749 forks would require brackets/spacers to mount the brakes/fender and I would need to pick up a 749 wheel as I think the axle is a few millimeters different between the two as well. 

A full front-end swap may be possible with the 749 components but I think even then the triples are a bit wider so I'm not sure about clearance with the fairings. Would be interesting, but I think I'll stick with looking for 748/996 forks for now. Thanks though! 

• 4 weeks later...