New Bike, Picture Time

Spanishcop

A little story as to how we got the bike

A couple weeks ago we went to Springfield with plans on getting a black 2016 Ninja 636 ABS from dealership. While working some numbers, my fiance kept interrupting saying I needed to go see this other bike she found. We had previously had discussions about a bike and she new Ducati was like a dream bike for me but priced too high for me. I knew she had been in the Ducati section looking around. I really didn't want to see one and then leave without it so I continued to avoid it and focused on the ninja which was beautiful.

My fiance is persistent and she knew I would regret it later.... So she talked me into walking over to the Ducati section putting sales man on hold. She then pointed out a 2016 Ducati 959 Panigale. I was like yeah okay. The last time I looked up a Panigale it was like 24k to 30k It was gorgeous for sure in the bright red.

So I kind of made a smart remark by saying... You should check out the price tag as I started to walk away (I had not seen it either but easily assumed it was way up there). So she replied I already did and it's only about $50 to $60 difference in payments from the one your about to get over there and this is your dream bike. Sure enough the price was shocking unaware that it was much lower for the 959 model which I had no knowledge of.

Sure enough, as soon as I heard it start up and I reved it up... I was in love. I have to say my fiance was right... I would have kicked myself in the ass all the way home if I had not listened to her. Of course she reminds me quite often that it's thanks to her lol.

I have to say I'm quite lucky to have someone as special as her and so supportive.

Yesterday we took the bike to Ceasers Creek Lake for some photos of the bike. Wished it would have been sunny, but they came out pretty good.

271dff7cdda7b503d94499824140539c.jpg

b5621439a7631ec42763c9b62eeb6140.jpg

39dec857c900920001113cd3f77ac09e.jpg

3cd7e48b7544a05da69694e6cfcf3fb7.jpg

895368dc44017e6ebc724209520c0d07.jpg

3c92940c94a2df8b223dd11352e84bc3.jpg

ff3ae7c3a0027ffd4a2de08693c0d8ac.jpg

2464eb97e7e00e9a8859e9ca29bfbf36.jpg

422d1d8efb5646031b30236df80d5149.jpg

ad408c09158769190f340dbf231967ca.jpg

5e786a900efb9cef128b1d06f64e97ac.jpg

9416bcb23114f1145cb83f06585ed3e6.jpg

6b91c433b83d61e514f205e4d0c8e6f2.jpg

0ba44adf0fa28f867a22d20e21d95901.jpg

df605c0ccb12544c58d5374b95407fc8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just passed the bridge on SR73 heading toward 71 from Waynesville. As soon as you cross the bridge on the right. Picnic areas... Just keep going almost to the end.

Another good spot if you haven't been there is the Gorge. Pretty neat place.

nice bike. I got to demo ride this 959 Panigale and several other Ducs @ Grattan Raceway on 9/26 last month.

Ducati Detroit (birmingham, Mi.) set up a special Trackday with the staff/coaches from STT.

Awesome bike, handles like a dream, power like a banshee, wheelie control coming out of corners! (turn off TC, etc) :D

nice bike. I got to demo ride this 959 Panigale and several other Ducs @ Grattan Raceway on 9/26 last month.

Ducati Detroit (birmingham, Mi.) set up a special Trackday with the staff/coaches from STT.

Awesome bike, handles like a dream, power like a banshee, wheelie control coming out of corners! (turn off TC, etc) [emoji3]

Thanks.... Yes it rides great. I need to soften the suspension just a bit, but other than that... It's awesome. I would have liked to have tested the 1199 and 1299, but I knew the 959 was the right one for me since I don't run on the track.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Spanishcop said:

Thanks.... Yes it rides great. I need to soften the suspension just a bit, but other than that... It's awesome. I would have liked to have tested the 1199 and 1299, but I knew the 959 was the right one for me since I don't run on the track.

I'd wager the 959 might be a little MORE corner capable than it's bigger sisters.  Panigales are all trackday demons.....give it a try sometime, you'll learn tons about riding

Just out of curiosity.... Is there like classes for beginners for the track days? Any in Ohio? I'm sure it would become an addiction and expensive at that... Which tends to keep me on street/road riding lol. Never really gave it any consideration.

32 minutes ago, Spanishcop said:

Just out of curiosity.... Is there like classes for beginners for the track days? Any in Ohio? I'm sure it would become an addiction and expensive at that... Which tends to keep me on street/road riding lol. Never really gave it any consideration.

http://www.midohio.com/mid-ohio-courses/60-school/412-motorcycles 

I find it worth it, but I grew up making my own tracks and running them for countless hours on end every winter on my snowmobiles. 

What makes track time so great is that it is a predictable environment that you get to know inside and out. This means you can put a laser-focus on your riding and things you want to work on instead of having to worry about traffic, blind corners, gravel, etc. You know what gear you need to be in at any given time on the track, brake points for every corner, turn-in points for every corner, where the apex is that you should be hitting like clockwork. It's about refining your riding and getting rid of any impurities, like smelting metal or something along those lines. Each lap is like a hammer strike. 

I found that my biggest issue is overall confidence on corner entry speeds. I always underestimate what my bike is capable of, which I'm guessing is probably due to my lowside last season. After my (sadly one and only) track day this year, my confidence was back and I was a hell of a lot faster than I was in the spring. It seems like each time I've gone to the track something has 'clicked' and I've left a better rider. Whether or not that's true, I don't know but it's how I feel. I plan to spend a good bit of time at the track next year refining and getting faster.

Congrats on the pretty Italian.

Edited by what

30 minutes ago, Spanishcop said:

Yes, you'll run novice.  With a coach the whole time and with other folks at around your skill level.  Do it!  

Also, welcome and nice bike!

Edited by jacobhawkins

Thanks for the info.... Is it open to the public to watch? Just to get a feel for things and what gear people are using and such. Is there a fee to watch? Sure sounds interesting. I checked the website out and some of the reviews. Definitely interesting, maybe something I'll do sometime. A bit pricey but sounds like a lot of fun and worth doing here and there on a occasions.

I feel like im in the honeymoon stage with my bike.... Still getting to know each other. After all I've only had her a couple weeks. I'm sure as I get to know her better I will feel more eager to learn the track part and push a little further u suppose.

Welcome to the Darkside!

please  check out CODEsmo.org and Central Ohio Desmo Enthusiasts on Facebook for like minded ducati owners here in Ohio as well!

I have a link in my signature

tons of information on the Panigale series and Track days to help you out..

Edited by TwiztedRabbit
  • Upvote 2

Welcome to the Darkside!

please  check out CODEsmo.org and Central Ohio Desmo Enthusiasts on Facebook for like minded ducati owners here in Ohio as well!

I have a link in my signature

tons of information on the Panigale series and Track days to help you out..

Thanks, just hit the like on Facebook. I'm not seeing the info you speak about the Panigale. Is that on the website or Facebook page?

44 minutes ago, Josh AFJ said:

Man..I wish my GF was that supportive of buying new expensive toys lol

Don't think of it as GF not being supportive, think of it as a fiscal conscience :p   My wife reigns me in and keeps me from making impulsive buys.  It's annoying, but beneficial.

As for the bike, the Panigales look awesome and perform at least as well.  With that said, I find it increasingly hilarious that Ducati's "middleweight" bike is now over 950cc. Ten years ago their "superbike" was a 999!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, redkow97 said:

Don't think of it as GF not being supportive, think of it as a fiscal conscience :p   My wife reigns me in and keeps me from making impulsive buys.  It's annoying, but beneficial.

As for the bike, the Panigales look awesome and perform at least as well.  With that said, I find it increasingly hilarious that Ducati's "middleweight" bike is now over 950cc. Ten years ago their "superbike" was a 999!

Hahaha I guess that's true. I don't need new bikes....but I want them damn it!

• Upvote 1