Track days for 2017 @ mid ohio

flashesbuck

What can we expect next years track days to be? I am scheduling work (Motorcycle Ohio classes) and would like to work in one weekend when its nice and hot.next summer but I'm not familiar enough to know about when I can expect the track to be open to bikes. 

TIA. 

Your best bet is to buy a few certificates over the winter and use them when you can. Mid-O, according to most, is a track you don't want to ride when it's even the slightest bit damp. 

Edited by what
  • Upvote 1

As mentioned in the thread before the thing to do is to stock up on Mid Ohio gift certificates while they are on sale over the winter. In the past you could avoid a late fee by using a gift cert however it was hit or miss this year as to whether or not you could avoid the late fee. Regardless you are still getting a good deal by buying the gift certs. 

26 minutes ago, Jester_ said:

As mentioned in the thread before the thing to do is to stock up on Mid Ohio gift certificates while they are on sale over the winter. In the past you could avoid a late fee by using a gift cert however it was hit or miss this year as to whether or not you could avoid the late fee. Regardless you are still getting a good deal by buying the gift certs. 

From what i understood by the end of the year, if you had bought 4+ gift certs, they waived the late fee. 

1 hour ago, TimTheAzn said:

You also get the customer day as well I think...

Yep, free 5th day if you buy 4. No idea if they will continue to do that or not though, could always give them a call and ask I suppose. I don't think this customer appreciation day is based on you actually purchasing the certs either, so if you get one as a gift it still counts as long as the cert # is registered with your name when you do the track day (which it has to be anyway). The track keeps your name/contact info in their systems that tracks your days and such. Lets them know for instance, that if you've run the track less than twice you automatically get Novice class to familiarize yourself with the track, rules, etc. 

As a quick note, the certificate sale is very very time limited, so a good plan is to find out the sale date(s) ahead of time by contacting the track and marking it on your calendar. I missed the sale this past year because I was out of town with no internet access for a couple days. 

Edited by what

2 minutes ago, what said:

Yep, free 5th day if you buy 4. No idea if they will continue to do that or not though, could always give them a call and ask I suppose. I don't think this customer appreciation day is based on you actually purchasing the certs either, so if you get one as a gift it still counts as long as the cert # is registered with your name when you do the track day (which it has to be anyway). 

As a quick note, the certificate sale is very very time limited, so a good plan is to find out the sale date(s) ahead of time by contacting the track and marking it on your calendar. I missed the sale this past year because I was out of town with no internet access for a couple days. 

Do you know when they go on sale for mid-o?

6 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Do you know when they go on sale for mid-o?

I just gave them a call, they ran it on the Monday after Thanksgiving last year but they said that they don't have the date for this year set yet. They said to keep an eye out around the major holidays, probably through New Years. Also they said they will send out an email saying when the sale will be. I gave them my email, I'm sure if someone wanted to make sure, they could call and give the nice lady their email as well. 

Edited by what

Just now, blue03636 said:

Keep me in the loop, I will be getting a few. Hell I might even go when you do, not sure though as I don't have a good on track record when you are there. :) 

Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action. - Ian Flemming

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like a sale is running this weekend, twitter says they will announce what it is at 5pm today. 

also 25% off certs on the 28th

https://ev11.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventList?groupCode=MOGCDM&linkID=ta-midohio&shopperContext=&caller=&appCode=

Edited by what

3 hours ago, what said:

Looks like a sale is running this weekend, twitter says they will announce what it is at 5pm today. 

also 25% off certs on the 28th

https://ev11.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventList?groupCode=MOGCDM&linkID=ta-midohio&shopperContext=&caller=&appCode=

thanks for the update.... how do these work? is there so many? do they sell out in the AM or something? Or can just purchase some in the morning when i wake up? 

Thanks 

Dustin

I don't think there's limited supply, since they are good for 2 years past purchase date. Not sure though. 

also, looks like the BOGO sale was for stupid NASCAR tickets. boo

Edited by what