Poll to create a scientific poll

Gump

Poll to create a scientific poll  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Answer

• Are you Democratic
    • Are you Republican

13 hours ago, Gump said:

Then then if your not likely to vote for a Democrat or Republican your  vote is irrelevant. 

If you are voting for either party your vote might be relevant, but it is also part of the problem.

• Upvote 2

Replace party with you should vote for the candidate who best aligns with your beliefs and actually has a chance. IMO When you know the outcome will be only one or the other yet you vote for a 3rd body who has zero chance your vote is irrelevant in that  election. 

1 minute ago, Gump said:

Replace party with you should vote for the candidate who best aligns with your beliefs and actually has a chance. IMO When you know the outcome will be only one or the other yet you vote for a 3rd body who has zero chance your vote is irrelevant in that  election. 

I refuse to accept any candidate that I believe will do the country great harm, no matter how bad the other candidate is. There is a point where you have to do what is right, regardless of whether or not you make a difference. If Stalin and Hitler were running which would you vote for?

5 hours ago, Tonik said:

I refuse to accept any candidate that I believe will do the country great harm, no matter how bad the other candidate is. There is a point where you have to do what is right, regardless of whether or not you make a difference. If Stalin and Hitler were running which would you vote for?

The primaries are supposed to weed that out. I'd vote for the lessor of the two evils rather than waste my vote. United we stand. IMO certain people's reason to vote for something that has no chance is so they can feel special. 

13 minutes ago, Gump said:

The primaries are supposed to weed that out. I'd vote for the lessor of the two evils rather than waste my vote. United we stand. IMO certain people's reason to vote for something that has no chance is so they can feel special. 

The primaries are supposed to, but apparently the voting public is even more stupid than I expected. 

I would have rather cast my vote for nearly any other choice that was available in the primaries than either of the ones the major parties have provided us. Both VP candidates are also much better options than the top of the ticket. 

Since we have a choice that is much to close to Stalin vs Hilter I will vote for a third party. It may not have a direct affect on the current election but it can help to get that party on the ballot and/or debates in the next election. Which I think would be a very positive outcome.

Craig

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CBBaron said:

The primaries are supposed to, but apparently the voting public is even more stupid than I expected. 

I would have rather cast my vote for nearly any other choice that was available in the primaries than either of the ones the major parties have provided us. Both VP candidates are also much better options than the top of the ticket. 

Since we have a choice that is much to close to Stalin vs Hilter I will vote for a third party. It may not have a direct affect on the current election but it can help to get that party on the ballot and/or debates in the next election. Which I think would be a very positive outcome.

Craig

Your 2nd to last sentence. Has that ever worked? Not sarcastic but a serious question. 

49 minutes ago, Gump said:

Your 2nd to last sentence. Has that ever worked? Not sarcastic but a serious question. 

Not sure the history. But do know that in most states parties receiving a threshold pct of votes in previous election are automatically on the next ballot.

A little harder to break into the debates and/or get national attention but a strong election result even if not a win will draw attention.

I am getting grief from family for not voting party lines but I was never completely convinced by a party and this cycle has left me completely disgusted.

Craig

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CBBaron said:

Not sure the history. But do know that in most states parties receiving a threshold pct of votes in previous election are automatically on the next ballot.

A little harder to break into the debates and/or get national attention but a strong election result even if not a win will draw attention.

I am getting grief from family for not voting party lines but I was never completely convinced by a party and this cycle has left me completely disgusted.

Craig

Stay the course my friend. Peeps like you and me are setting the stage for the next election. Our time to take this all back from the party voters that have f'd it all up is soon.

• Upvote 1

Let me know when it makes a difference. It's like the group of people who do nothing but are never happy with the situation unless they get their minority way, which never happens.

I think rallying for a different option IS doing something. voting for the person you dislike the least is 'doing nothing'.  

Change has to start somewhere. Just because you are in the minority doesn't mean you shouldn't do what you think is right. 

3 minutes ago, Gump said:

Voting for someone with no chance is a "makes you feel good topic."

Keep feeling special and let me know when it really actually makes a difference.

And just a way to side step blame.I can already hear them after the election..."I didn't vote for them."

25 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

I vote for the candidate that best fits my values.

You are doing it wrong, you need to vote for the guy/gal everyone else thinks is the 'best choice'.  No matter how fucked up that choice is. It's not about the best person, it's not about what's best for the country.  It's about their choice winning.

33 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

I vote for the candidate that best fits my values. If the Republicans ever decide to return to actual conservatism and small government, I may consider tossing them a bone. Until then, they can fight without my vote. If the rest of you so-called conservatives would take one election and vote for an actual conservative, maybe they'd get the picture. 

But...keep fucking that chicken. 

Given theres only two options that have a chance at winning president and making changes towards your values, I fail to see the logic in voting for neither. 

But...keep fucking that lame duck.