Conti-motion tires? Experience?

Killer_kaw

Sadly I may have to put fresh rubber on my zrx before this season ends. Plan on a new bike in the spring so not sure how much action it will see next year. Been running Pirelli angel gt's and there excellent but don't figure I'll ever get the use out of another set so I was looking at a cheaper alternative.  Any experience with the continentals?

I ran them for a couple years. My problem was I would only get 4000 miles out of a rear. With the amount of miles I put on in a year it seemed as though I was always putting new tires on. I felt they handled well especially for the price. 

Thanks for the info I think I'm gonna give them a shot. Just wondered if anyone has had any crazy handling issues with them. About $160 shipped I figure why not. 

18 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

My bike had a conti attack (i think thats what it was called) on the rear and it was the biggest bitch to de-bead off the wheel.

Unfortunately I'm used to that. The only down fall for me with the Angel gt is I mount my own tires an they bead very tight. By far the hardest tire I've had to Bead up. 

Do not do it!

They don't last and they are downright scary in cooler temps and wet.  For the same money and longevity you can buy Bridgestone S20's and they will be 3 times the tire with grip, feel and safety.

Just one guys opinion.

Well that all sounds pretty negative. Not concerned with tread life but the poor wet and cold performance and qc issues scare me a bit. Maybe I'll just stick with what I know works. No need to impress a spring buyer I'm not ready to let go of this one yet. But I'm sure it'll spend a lot more time parked next year. 

18 hours ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Spend the dodge and get a quality tire. I went through three sets of CM tired before I finally pulled my head from my ass. They're QC is hit/miss and my last set came with a front that made my bike head shake like it was coming apart. I've never seen more than 2400 miles from any of the rear tires. I can get better mileage from a Pilot Power. 

I had the same issue with my conti tires, at certain speeds you couldn't take your hands off the grips or it would start shaking the steering left to right.  I thought it was the bike and then I switched to Bridgestones and all was right again.

Thanks to all for the info. Gonna stick with the good stuff. I took a ride up to mid-Ohio Tuesday and after drooling all over a couple of spring prospects the zrx still had me giggling like a school kid on the way home. I think it deserves some quality rubber.