Washing the bike

Ghostryder1krr

Well since I can't ride for awhile I moved the bike into my basement and figured I would clean it up nice since it will be home furnishings for awhile.... what kinda waterless wash do you guys use to clean your bikes up nice? I heard pledge works well any tips from you guys??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use Meguiar's detail spray on mine for quick clean-ups.  Works good, but isn't really a replacement for a good hose 'n scrub wash.  Whatever you wind up using, do not use S100.  It requires you hose the bike down thoroughly after applying it.  If you google the stuff, you'll find some have experienced damage to paint and clear finishes when they failed to rinse it all off.  I've got a neighbor down my road that brought a bike where previous owner had experienced just that.  He spent last winter getting paint and clear finish re-done.  Plus I would imagine the  fumes from it would be nasty inside a house.

The bike was covered with dew this morning at the hotel. Dew does a good job of softening up the bugs and road grime over night. Just wipe it dry and the bike is clean for the days ride. DONE. Mods close this thread nothing more to see here.

I almost never spray the bike down unless caught in the rain and the bike is trashed.   I will use a small amount of dish soap in a bucket of warm water with a microfiber rag to wipe the bike down.  This is my preferred method and I do this in my garage without making a mess.  The dish soap loosens grease, bugs and road grime.  Dry with a microfiber towel and detail with Honda Polish.  Done!

• Upvote 1

I only use the hose if bike is trashed.  Original Biker Spirits Polish and or S100 Spray Wax.  I use S100 Cleaner with the hose.  Biker's polish will cut most bugs/grime off, the S100 wax helps it to come off easier next time.  Lots of Honda Polish fans out there.