Hellmutt and Snot's Big Adventure...or...

Bubba

"How I turned a 125-mile 3-hour ride into an all-day extravaganza!"

Jason and Jen rolled south across the Big Divide to run a bit of the twisty goodness in northern KY.  They met up with me, Rob Giles (Dice32) and Keith (no forum association) noonish at the Speedway on the AA Hwy in Alexandria.  We did some of the usual Junkie material--10 and 22--but I threw in some of the lesser known roads to avoid the heavy weekend traffic that tends to ruin a spirited run in the backwoods.  Some of the fun included 1121/Wesley Chapel Rd, 10 to Powersville, 165 south to Mt Olivet, 1504, 1284 thru Sunrise, 1032/Berry-Kelat Rd, 1054 thru Morgan to 22 then east to 27, 17/467/177/536/915 back to the start.  Other than a few blocks, we had a pretty good run on most of the roads in spite of it being a weekend.  Colors are just starting to turn, but there seems to be a ton of leaves--luckily dry--on the roads, presumably due to the drought conditions.  Best of all, everybody lived!!!

Pic to prove I'm not embellishing:

29716601983_bb9f022c99_b.jpg20161015_134307 by William R Francis, on Flickr

Edited by Bubba
  • Upvote 2

Awesome ride, we ended up with 350 miles total. We had a great time and it was nice riding on some new to us roads. Pace was perfect, route was awesome, colors were beautiful.... Cross wind made it exciting at times too.

Thank you Bubba and Dice. 

22 hours ago, snot said:

Awesome ride, we ended up with 350 miles total.

12 hours ago, Hellmutt said:

And it was only a 1.25 hr trek from home, so we'll surely schedule a ride there next year season.

Glad you enjoyed the ride!  NKY is always a fun roll and we were blessed with pretty low traffic volume for a weekend.  It's a shame it's such a long slog for you guys on the super-slab to get to the twisty goodness.  Definitely need to do it again.

• Upvote 1

Great seeing you guys again, Jason & Jen! Glad you made it down to sample some of our N Ky twisties. Bubba did pick some of the good ones on the east side of 75 (great route dude!), so now you can come back to enjoy the west side slew of curves, which are some of my favorites. Felt good getting back out there flogging ol' "Diceburg" again! Even though I'll be down in Tennessee next year in the new house, I'll still try to get back up here to ride the great roads of N Ky when I can. Always looking forward to new riding adventures, and good times with great riding friends!:)

• Upvote 1