New to Group- Advise

AngieMarie

Good Afternoon,

I used to ride years ago. Currently living near East gate. I have a friend coming into town around the 22/23 of October, he is from NH.  So not familiar with or roads. Just wanted some advise on a nice day ride. 4-6 hours.. With a nice restaurant on the way for Dinner.

Happy Crusin!!

Angie

Anywhere east is good.  Work your way down toward the river and New Richmond, through to Georgetown/Portsmouth area, across to Pedro and then up toward Jackson. Some good roads and riding out there.  Best ride would be to Rio Grande and eat at Bob Evans original restaurant.

• Upvote 1

I noticed you are from the Cincinatti area so the ride I'm about to mention might be a little to far east,but it's such a good ride I have to mention it.Starting on 33 near Logan take 374 through the Hocking Hills area to 56.374 goes by Old Man's Cave and Ash Cave,both are beautiful this time of year.Once on 56 head east to 691 and go north.At Nelsonville 691 will end at 33,go straight across 33 and you will be on 78.78 is one of the best roads in all of Ohio,especially from Glouster to Malta.Once you get near Malta you can either stay on 78 over to 83 north to I70,or go even farther east on 78 and pick up I77 at Caldwell.Another very good option...near Malta you can turn off 78 and go south on 377.377 runs along a ridge line for miles with nice open sweepers all the way to 550.At 550 you would be some what near Athens where you can pick up 50 or 33 and start heading west.

From where you live this would be an all day ride,but it's hard to top 374,78 and 377,especially this time of year.

On 10/12/2016 at 11:54 AM, AngieMarie said:

Good Afternoon,

I used to ride years ago. Currently living near East gate. I have a friend coming into town around the 22/23 of October, he is from NH.  So not familiar with or roads. Just wanted some advise on a nice day ride. 4-6 hours.. With a nice restaurant on the way for Dinner.

Happy Crusin!!

Angie

Hi Angie, I'm not far from you in Montgomery. Head down to KY via 275 and get off on the AA/Wilder exit, take 915 to 547 to 10 down to KY22 and back up 159 to 10 - very nice loop. Bubba knows those roads really well and probably has links to various routes.

• Upvote 3

• 2 months later...
On 10/20/2016 at 0:21 PM, ScubaCinci said:

Hi Angie, I'm not far from you in Montgomery. Head down to KY via 275 and get off on the AA/Wilder exit, take 915 to 547 to 10 down to KY22 and back up 159 to 10 - very nice loop. Bubba knows those roads really well and probably has links to various routes.

@Bubba

@Casper Yo.  Looking at the OP, I assume this was an event that was to take place this past fall?  Prolly a wee bit late to plan anything...

@AngieMarie Feel free to shoot me a PM if you still have interest in exploring the backroads in NKY.  So many great roads south of the river!

1 hour ago, Casper said:

3 minutes ago, Bubba said:

@Casper Yo.  Looking at the OP, I assume this was an event that was to take place this past fall?  Prolly a wee bit late to plan anything...

@AngieMarie Feel free to shoot me a PM if you still have interest in exploring the backroads in NKY.  So many great roads south of the river!

Yea, he is on a roll today.

21 minutes ago, Bubba said:

Better late than never.