Can anyone recommend a triumph dealer or shop for service?

oldschoolsdime92

I need to get the 12k service done on my 05 sprint, but the valve check is the portion of it, that I don't particularly have time to do myself at this point. Does anyone have any recomendations as to a shop, who will do a good job? I've never had a shop do work for me, as I've always done my own. Thanks in advance! 

I had my 24k done at Motohio and I wont be bringing my bike(s) back there again. 

Lots of little no-brainer things that they failed to do... like tighten the drain plug to keep oil from pouring out all over my rear tire, tightening down/properly re-installing the throttle assembly and so on.

Edited by what

14 minutes ago, what said:

Maybe I was just lucky enough to get ronny the intern on his first day.

I didn't see your comment before I replied. I'm just going off of my buddy that takes his BMW there all the time and has for years. Maybe they have different techs for different brands. :dunno: 

I'm interested to know also.  I didn't have a good experience at Moto Ohio when I asked about getting a second key.  They couldn't tell me how much it would cost or how long it would take to program the chip key (somewhere $50-75 for the service, plus the key price).  I'm not sure what they expect, roulette payment, whatever pops up?  I would expect someone at an established dealership to be able to articulate what it takes, or at least attempt to find out.  The parts guy also didn't seem to know about the key code tag. No warm and fuzzy for me there.

Cadre Cycle in Blue Ash has been great and gets a lot of positive word of mouth from locals. Might be a bit far for you. They are a Moto Guzzi dealer and do a lot of euro bike work including BMW (most of them worked at the BMW dealer that used to be in Cinci).

4 hours ago, what said:

I had my 24k done at Motohio and I wont be bringing my bike(s) back there again. 

Lots of little no-brainer things that they failed to do... like tighten the drain plug to keep oil from pouring out all over my rear tire, tightening down/properly re-installing the throttle assembly and so on.

Interesting. Did you complain? I've had a few things done there, and ordered a few parts. The only complaint I've had was the price. Dealer pricing is stupid. 

It's far from you but i would not recommend Northern Ohio Ducati. 

First issue was i had them quote changing tires and they told me $40/each. I had the bike in for the R/R recall already so i said go ahead. Once it was done they charged me $80/each cause the wheels were on the bike. They also charged me to resafety wire the wheels back on which i never asked for. They basically said o-well, pay up. 

I had them to the R/R recall on both my bikes. The track bike has no key, just thumb switch. They helped push the bike onto the trailer so i never started it at the dealership. That was my mistake. When i got home, flipped the switch to start and nothing. No dash lights, no fuel pump, nothing. Took awhile to find out the main line fuse was blown. Not sure how they blew it. But that means they never started after the R/R switch or somehow blew it after the new R/R was in. Either way, someone knew it wouldn't start. Probably why they were so happy to help me push it onto the trailer. I called back once i was home and since i already left the dealership it was my problem. I switched the fuse and started right up so i just left it at that and decided they will no longer get my business. Not worth fighting over it since it was a recall. No money out my pocket other than a fuse. 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Casper said:

Interesting. Did you complain? I've had a few things done there, and ordered a few parts. The only complaint I've had was the price. Dealer pricing is stupid. 

What did you need? I usually go here to check for OEM parts first: http://www.2wheelpros.com/oem-parts/2012-triumph-daytona-675-r.html

23 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

What did you need? I usually go here to check for OEM parts first: http://www.2wheelpros.com/oem-parts/2012-triumph-daytona-675-r.html

I'll check them out next time. Usually I'm in a pinch and need something quick. Triumph doesn't drop ship, so it's usually faster to order through a dealer and pick up when it arrives. 

1 minute ago, Casper said:

I'll check them out next time. Usually I'm in a pinch and need something quick. Triumph doesn't drop ship, so it's usually faster to order through a dealer and pick up when it arrives. 

Ah yea.

I usually can wait for shipping. I like that site because you can shop per the exploded diagrams down to the nut or bolt. And the stuff comes in nicely sealed OEM packaging.

Edit: Like I thought ahead and bought a bunch of crush washers a new drain bolt and some other shit for the next round of maintenance. 

Edited by TimTheAzn

2 hours ago, Casper said:

No, but I'd bring it up to them if I ever went back for any reason. 

Had already ridden the bike home before I noticed the bad oil leak and throttle fuckery, figured they would just blame me at that point so I didn't bother calling back. 

4 hours ago, ludwb675 said:

It's far from you but i would not recommend Northern Ohio Ducati. 

First issue was i had them quote changing tires and they told me $40/each. I had the bike in for the R/R recall already so i said go ahead. Once it was done they charged me $80/each cause the wheels were on the bike. They also charged me to resafety wire the wheels back on which i never asked for. They basically said o-well, pay up. 

I had them to the R/R recall on both my bikes. The track bike has no key, just thumb switch. They helped push the bike onto the trailer so i never started it at the dealership. That was my mistake. When i got home, flipped the switch to start and nothing. No dash lights, no fuel pump, nothing. Took awhile to find out the main line fuse was blown. Not sure how they blew it. But that means they never started after the R/R switch or somehow blew it after the new R/R was in. Either way, someone knew it wouldn't start. Probably why they were so happy to help me push it onto the trailer. I called back once i was home and since i already left the dealership it was my problem. I switched the fuse and started right up so i just left it at that and decided they will no longer get my business. Not worth fighting over it since it was a recall. No money out my pocket other than a fuse. 

Go back (not with your bike) and ask for the boss.  That's bullshit.  $80 each for tire change?  I do my own work, so maybe I'm not qualified to call B.S. ...but man!!!!  :(

1 hour ago, Wandering Soul said:

Go back (not with your bike) and ask for the boss.  That's bullshit.  $80 each for tire change?  I do my own work, so maybe I'm not qualified to call B.S. ...but man!!!!  :(

that's standard at dealerships for each tire if they have to remove the wheels. 

but yeah, super pricey considering taking a wheel off takes like 2 minutes if you have all the tools already on-hand. 

Yep, there sure is but I've never been there. It's about 15 mins from my house.

To follow up on my recommendation for Cadre Cycle...I had heard a great many things about them but had never gone there until recently. I just had my throttle bodies synched there - cost me $23. I was shocked...I would've thought it be at least $50. I bet if I brought to a regular dealer they would've hit me with a $75 minimum. When I expressed how surprised I was at the cost the guy told me, "We're an honest shop. If it only takes us 15 minutes to do something, that's all we charge". I'll totally be going back there from now on...the best part is it's located 1.6 miles from my house so I walked home after dropping it off and walked up there to pick it up.

Edited by ScubaCinci
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ScubaCinci said:

Yep, there sure is but I've never been there.

To follow up on my recommendation for Cadre Cycle...I had heard a great many things about them but had never gone there until recently. I just had my throttle bodies synched there - cost me $23. I was shocked...I would've thought it be at least $50. I bet if I brought to a regular dealer they would've hit me with a $75 minimum. When I expressed how surprised I was at the cost the guy told me, "We're an honest shop. If it only takes us 15 minutes to do something, that's all we charge". I'll totally be going back there from now on...the best part is it's located 1.6 miles from my house so I walked home after dropping it off and walked up there to pick it up.

Oh how I wished my Throttle Body Sync only took 15 minutes...