New Shoei Helmet Released

JustinNck1

35 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

Looks like Shoei may be replacing the Qwest with a new lid. The Shoei RF-SR. They claim it will be quieter and flow more air than the Qwest. As a previous Qwest owner, I would be surprised if it is quieter.

It will not be replacing the Qwest as of yet, just an additional option in their lineup I am told by my Shoei rep. Excited to see one next year when they come out, I will be sure to post up a review. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for posting this up. I've been really needing / wanting to look into new helmets that offer more wind noise protection. My exhaust is plenty loud, but when I can barely hear it due to the wind noise at 70mph+, I know that wind is further contributing to my tinnitus, eardrum damage, and future need for hearing aids.... several decades of loud music, loud guitar/bass amps, loud live bands, PLENTY of loud power tools and other mechanic / construction work noise, & lots of motorcycle wind noise to top it off. Oh yeah, & loud exhaust.

I hate having to take off my helmet again after a rest stop because I forgot to put in my ear plugs! I won't do long rides at highway speed without them.