Who is still using Tapatalk?

Casper

18 hours ago, dustinsn3485 said:

I have  OR.net bookmarked to my home screen on my phone. One click, like an app, and I'm on OR.net

Like an app, without taking up a bunch of memory like an app. I've done this for a few basic apps, like Gas Buddy.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, mango_sv said:

Like an app, without taking up a bunch of memory like an app.

And not using your data for the push notifications, or feeding all your personal info to the peeps that own Tapatalk. Really folks, you should look into the privacy issues with Tapatalk.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Tonik said:

And not using your data for the push notifications, or feeding all your personal info to the peeps that own Tapatalk. Really folks, you should look into the privacy issues with Tapatalk.

OK.  I bit the bullet and nuked Tapatalk.  I hope you are happy now.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Ghostryder1krr said:

Can someone tell me what tapatalk has access to that's so scary?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First there are legit security concerns on the server/casper side. For people that use it, Tapatalk has been turned into a data mining machine. It hijacks links so they can get redirect clicks, pictures you post....all of it belongs to them. And much of it is not disclosed in their privacy/terms of use, which is what I find most troubling.  What you are doing is supposed to be disclosed. Not hidden.

So they can see the pictures I post onto a public forum?? I mean it can't be anymore intrusive than fb can it? I guess I am just not seeing what so dangerous about it. Kinda like when people post a picture of their bike for sale and cover the tag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...