MotoAmerica at PIRC in 2017!

redkow97

The track deserves it.  So much money is going into that facility.  I really hope I can attend the weekend.  With Mid-Ohio off the schedule, OR should definitely plan to show up in force for this.

http://www.motoamerica.com/2017-motoamerica-race-schedule-expands-to-10-rounds#page-3

Is on-site camping available?

Pitt Race does not permit spectator camping. Visitors are encouraged to contact select hotels listed in our Visitor’s Guide for a listing of local lodging options. 

That's unfortunate. 

If they don't have on-site camping, that will royally suck. 

Shit, I will go help them plan for it free of charge.  Just let me camp for free!  It's a 400 acre facility. I have to believe they could sell at least SOME camping sites.

on one hand i kinda understand "no camping" since they don't have the space the other venues do, but on the other hand it's kinda hard to believe they would stage such a huge event without that provision. we did a two day event there years ago (supermoto racing) and i can tell you the hotel offerings are rough, and sparse.

i hope they change their mind.

i wonder if motorhomes are considered "camping"?

Edited by i-Zapp

I think they could do it if they planned well. Security (keeping people quiet after midnight) would be the hard part...

RV camping for spectators would be tight, but it could work. 

I'm to think where they still have (flat) grass for tent camping.