Route 555 north of Athens, wow.

i-Zapp

I actually strongly dislike 555. I can never be comfortable enough to get into a rythym comfortably. Seems like everytime I get something going there, I come around a blind curve and get a nice perfectly distributed, lusciously plump plethora of tiny gravel rocks.

So awesome.

The road is a sphincter clencher for sure. Very dangerous even without traffic. There are many other roads in Ohio just as good if not better imo.

• Upvote 1

As a whole 555 is not a great road, although it does have some nice sections. It is technically challenging, but not in a good way.

Too many blind hills, gravel, and driveways.  

Too many motorcycles and riders have met their doom on this road.

Not even close to the best road in Ohio, and not even in the top 20 IMHO.

I'm taking a personal tomorrow to get out and ride while we still have some good weather. All this talk about 555 has peaked my interest and i have included it in my route. 555 was one of the first twisties I rode when I got back into motorcycling. I remember I learned a lot that day. It will be interesting to revisit. 

My .02 on 555. It was great once past the 2 one lane traffic lights out of Zanesville to 37.  Sure there are some blind corners and some gravel but overall I thought it was a great road you just have to know what you're up against. 37 to Chesterhill pretty much sucks as far as I'm concerned. It is rough.  I wish I would have ran 37 over to 377. I will for sure next time unless it's been paved. On a positive note they were repaving south of Chesterhill up until 676. 

• Upvote 1

Not a fan of 555 for the same reasons as others have stated.  I was very excited the first time we hit the triple nickel and it was a great disappointment.  There was gravel in almost every turn, cars pulling out in the blind turns, just couldn't get any rhythm.  We ended up looping around and hitting 78 all the way across to Caldwell, now that is a great road!