Wolfman1

Time To Set Up The Trail Cam!

Well it's that time of year that I transition from rider to hunter.  Putting out my food plot and trail camera today.  Also, going to do a once over on the ladder stand to see if it's good to go.  Just wanted to shout to all the OR hunters to see if you got any nice trail cam pics yet? This is one from last October.

image.jpeg

• Upvote 1

It's cooling down, Deer are heating up. Been eating backstrap steaks from a Doe my son got. Seen several flat heads myself on a scrape line I've been hunting. 

Got out for the first time Saturday afternoon, seen a couple of does but was still a little warm to shoot one...Have a rub about 20 yards from my stand that's been hit in last few days, tree bark all over the ground.

Here are a few recent pics from last week.  Getting busy around here!  Forgot to set the time and date for these, this weeks pics will let me know when they are coming in.

IMG_0033.JPG

IMG_0067.JPG

A few more from last week.  These guys have been hanging around, we shall see what happens as the rut starts to kick in.

IMG_0033_10-25-16.JPG

IMG_0084_10-25-16.JPG

• Upvote 1

Here is one of my personal favorites. Kind of hard to see, but look right at the base of the tree stand.

magic.jpg

• Upvote 1

Well, its that time of year again!  So far just doe's.

IMG_0012.JPG

IMG_0028.JPG

All I am seeing during day light right now is does and small Bucks, have a couple decent bucks but they are only moving late night early morning.

First Buck pictures.  Typical coming around late in the AM.

IMG_0195_10-20-17.JPG

IMG_0209_10-20-17.JPG

• Like 1

Few more buck coming around this week.

IMG_0171_10-29-17.JPG

IMG_0199_10-29-17.JPG

IMG_0233_10-29-17.JPG

• Like 1

wow, what a shame with that 2nd buck...wonder if he injured that left side at some point.

1 hour ago, bowdog said:

wow, what a shame with that 2nd buck...wonder if he injured that left side at some point.

Yeah, he looked like that last year.  I have a picture of him last year looking the same way.  Initially I thought he broke it sparring, but I think he must have a problem with growth on that side.

yeah he injured that side when he was younger would be my guess, definitely a mature buck...I would be willing to bet that they are rutting pretty heavy by the end of this week.

Saw this bad boy on my way to set up my tree stand Sunday afternoon 

IMG_4981.JPG

IMG_4982.JPG

Edited by max power
  • Like 1

nice buck, encouraging to see him out in the open during day light and looks like his neck is swelled.

Yep, this buck looks ready to bang some bitches

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 10:57 AM, max power said:

Yep, this buck looks ready to bang some bitches

LOL, yup its that magical time where the brain gets turned off!  Now is the time to be in the woods for sure, going to be out this weekend.

Good luck to you gents!

Edited by Wolfman1

Went out today and saw a few does.  Checked the trail cam and not too much going on.

IMG_0111_11-2-17.jpg

IMG_0208_11-2-17.jpg

• Like 1

definitely the time to be in the woods, I will be out this weekend...good luck to you as well!

How is it going fellas?  No luck here, seen plenty of does though.  Grunted in a small six point and that's about it.  I added another pic of a buck that's been hanging around.

IMG_0752_11-13-17.JPG

no luck here either, seen tons of small bucks but nothing bigger than a 6 point.

All I've seen lately is this goofy doe but my buddy got the one in the middle outside lithopolis this week and my friends nephew got the crazy beast on the bottom in Texas.    

IMG_5079.JPG

IMG_5191.JPG

IMG_5192.JPG

Edited by max power
  • Like 1

Micro doe under the stand not worth shooting. Doe’s eating with coons, spike buck, and bears on the trail cam. 

Wish some hunter types would come to our house and rid it of some of our daily early morning visitors. These bastards wake us up every morning at about 5:00 AM.

The backyard is like a freakin' zoo; deer, bears, bobcats, moose, elk, etc. At least most are quiet - unlike the turkeys....

IMG_6825.JPG

IMG_6829.JPG

Edited by Earache

^^^

haha would love to do a Colorado hunting trip! let me know when i can come out.