TIPIC Restriction rides

tier10

10 hours ago, Ghostryder1krr said:

And get on YouTube and watch twist of the wrist 2 it's about an hour and a half. Watch it several times and it will help you tons!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I watched this. I learned a couple things. Luckily I already knew half of it. I will watch it a few more times.

Thank you for the great suggestion!

Also, Is this how you learned to do a stoppie?

I watched this. I learned a couple things. Luckily I already knew half of it. I will watch it a few more times.

Thank you for the great suggestion!

Also, Is this how you learned to do a stoppie?

Bwahahaha no this isn't how I learned to do a stopping just playing around and being familiar with the bike and slow increments is how I learned to do stoppies on bikes lol.

5 hours ago, Ghostryder1krr said:

Bwahahaha no this isn't how I learned to do a stopping just playing around and being familiar with the bike and slow increments is how I learned to do stoppies on bikes lol.

Yeah I really didn't think you did!

And thanks John! I can't wait.

On 10/7/2016 at 5:20 PM, jacobhawkins said:

https://services.dps.ohio.gov/MotorCycleOhio/Pages/Public/Announcements.aspx

As of right now, there are 4 seats left in a class next week at the Cuyahoga Community College in Parma.  That looks like the closest location to Ravenna.  I'm a coach for the program as are a few other members on OR so if you have any questions or issues getting registered, please post up.

Question. The course is spread out over three days. I know I should take my gear with me, but should I go into class wearing my boots? Or will they give you time to put those on before getting onto a bike? I'm guessing the first day is classroom only? 

3 hours ago, tier10 said:

Question. The course is spread out over three days. I know I should take my gear with me, but should I go into class wearing my boots? Or will they give you time to put those on before getting onto a bike? I'm guessing the first day is classroom only? 

Take your gear. They will give you time to put them on. The instructors will guide you along. CR

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, tier10 said:

First day (in a three day program) is classroom only so you won't need your gear.  The coaches will go over what is needed for the range days, but you'll need to have everything with you.  If you don't have a helmet, they will have helmets to borrow.  Bring a snack and plenty of water.  I'm glad to hear you signed up, have fun!

• Upvote 1

Okay, this is how it went.

Was an hour drive for me after having to take a detour, traffic was bad, made it home Thursday night at 11. I struggled to stay awake during this drive. I had a long week.

Next class was scheduled for 7am, for Sat and Sun. Woke up Sat morning to go take that class and I just could not wake up enough to actually drive another hour to be there safely by 7am.

So I didn't make the second day. I tried to recoup after a long hard week. Today I am trying to do the same.

Also, just found out they have an 8 hour, two day course that I will schedule closer to home in the spring as early as I can. I already know my way around a motorcycle so I can get by on the 2 day course, and still use their bikes. So I will register for that as soon as it becomes available.

Thanks for everyone helping me in my journey to acquire an endorsement. 

41 minutes ago, jacobhawkins said:

Sorry to hear that.  The two day class (BRC) is exactly the same material as the three day BRC.  If you do a BRC-RR, that is accelerated and skips over some of the basics.

It's fine, I'll get by. I can still ride in the meantime. I did manage to get the first day completed of the course and was able to take home a book they give you, with lots of safety information in it. I'll read that and study it as much as I can.

When do the courses usually open up in the spring time?

Edited by tier10