Avoiding the highway

TheLongWay

I ride in southeast Ohio regularly for two reasons quality roads with curves and because from central OH you can't get to a better riding area without grinding on the highway for hours. Most riders seem to sit on 33 until Logan and start pealing off on the state routes. I don't mind the short run from the Lancaster or Carroll area but there are better ways to accomplish the distance. The most common route we use to get on the south side of 33 is nicknamed the "prison route" because my daughter likes to call it that and you drive through the prison. I'm sure alot of you will curse my name because it's not a flawless race track but none the less the ride is 110% better than the highway. Hills, curves, rarely will you see a car, and I've never seen another bike unless I was riding with them.... So from the south west side of Lancaster on Memorial Dr get off on S. Broad St and head south.

South Broad St splits on the edge of town (turn left) and stay focused; if you ride off the road and end up down in the woods you won't be found until deer season starts (that's this Saturday)

BIS Rd - to the prison turn left at the intersection 

Revenge Rd from the prison until it dead ends (turn Left)

Clear Creek Rd continue straight on Snortin Ridge (no signage just dont turn left when Clear Creek makes the 90°) 

Snortin Ridge turns into Jack Run Rd which dead ends into 180. 

At 180 you can go right towards 374 or left back towards Logan. 

It's a great way to start the day and gets you off the highway. Enjoy if you try it out.

• Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...

Don't get froggy and leave the house for the mountains of TN via the back roads of KY at 1300. You end up freezing because you forgot the temperature drops when the sun sets this time of year and left the necessary gear at home. Stupid mistakes all to ride some different curves.