Cell phone providers

Bad324

I've been with Verizon for 12 years now and have zero complaints but I'm cheap and don't like paying the $165/month for 2 Iphones with shared 6gb data and an old flip phone that uses 0 data.

Is there any other provider that is worth even thinking of switching to that will be much cheaper and not lose too much coverage?

2 hours ago, zx3vfr said:

Dude go in and get on a new plan. I pay 120 for 8 gigs and 3 iPhones. Also 22% discount through my employer. Lol

Son of a bitch. Last time I called they dropped it $20 and now it's back up again. $120 or lower was my goal per month. 

They got a name for that plan or are you grandfathered in?

21 minutes ago, Bad324 said:

Son of a bitch. Last time I called they dropped it $20 and now it's back up again. $120 or lower was my goal per month. 

They got a name for that plan or are you grandfathered in?

It's called I work for the only Fortune 500 company in Ohio with a female CEO

8 minutes ago, zx3vfr said:

Fuck the government. Come work with me. 

No way. Gonna work for my kid and get some fuck you money. Not you specifically, just a general fuck everyone. Just finishing a couple years to lock in retirement insurance.

2 minutes ago, Tonik said:

No way. Gonna work for my kid and get some fuck you money. Not you specifically, just a general fuck everyone. Just finishing a couple years to lock in retirement insurance.

I'll work for him. I'd just like some fuck off student loans and mortgage money 

We get 22% off Verizon too. I've also managed to hang on to my unlimited data over the years, which they are now adding $20 surcharge a month for.  I pay around $220 a month out the door for 3 smart phones(2 with unlimited) and 2 dumb phones. 

Edited by 2talltim

Gawd I know my phones are 2 yrs old but I'm at $120 a month for 4 lines. Each line gets 3gig of 4g lte. After that's used it drops to 2g no extra charges when you go over. My bill was close to $200 when paying for phone's. Also we get unlimited streaming of netflix, Pandora, Pokémon, ect. T-mobile may not be the best for everyone but works for me. Another feature they have that I haven't seen another network have, is when I'm out of cell phone service in the middle of nowhere. Just kidding but at family in WV. If I connect to there wifi I can make and receive calls with my cell.

I get a 18 % discount through Daimler north america. 2 smart phones one is paid of and the other is a iphone 6. Data is 8 gig and unlimited talk and text and i pay 145. But yeah the data plan surcharge for anything below 6 gig is bull shit. Thats why i want to use my paid off phone for a 2nd tier level phone plan.

9 hours ago, M_Quick said:

Gawd I know my phones are 2 yrs old but I'm at $120 a month for 4 lines. Each line gets 3gig of 4g lte. After that's used it drops to 2g no extra charges when you go over. My bill was close to $200 when paying for phone's. Also we get unlimited streaming of netflix, Pandora, Pokémon, ect. T-mobile may not be the best for everyone but works for me. Another feature they have that I haven't seen another network have, is when I'm out of cell phone service in the middle of nowhere. Just kidding but at family in WV. If I connect to there wifi I can make and receive calls with my cell.

T-Mobile is a very tempting offer. They are stupid cheap compared to every other major carrier, and you get a stupid amount of crap with their offers. Hell they even give away pizza, movie tickets, redbox codes, and other random stuff just for being a damn customer.

Two guys that work in my unit have T-mobile. The problem is their signal strength blows. We are in a pretty small building on the ground level, and they don't get very good reception at all. Only a 3 concrete walls between us and the exit. They have to use the wi-fi calling option you spoke of.  Also, when you go out of the metro areas the signal disappears as well. If T-mobile would work in Coshocton, for when I'm home visiting, It would be hard for me not to switch.

8 minutes ago, Cdubyah said:

The problem is their signal strength blows.

According to what I read on the interwebs and from other phone users their signal strength blows everywhere.  It is really hard to move away from VZ, once you use their network and experience their coverage everyone else blows.

They know it, so they rape us.

• Upvote 3

I've had the same account forever, started back in 1994 is was called Ohio State Cellular. Had a bag phone with like 20 min of service a month contract. They were bought out by Cellular One, they were bought out by Airtouch Wireless and then they were either bought out by Verizon or just changed the name. But basically I all this time I have never switched, changed my number once due to and ex stalking me.

I use the republic wireless for $29/month (Including taxes etc{$25 plan without taxes}); I was grandfathered in to the unlimited plan that went away last year.  It's just 3G, but it's cheap, and when the phone dies I'll probably go with the $20/month 4G plan because I rarely use more than 1GB.