Need Android Input

Cdubyah

My Galaxy s5 was recently crushed by a crowbar. So, I purchased another used device from the webz.
Long story short, it started to randomly reboot. Sometimes, it would get stuck in a loop until I would pull the battery, or it would die.

So finally pissed off last night I tried to wipe it from the recovery menu. Apparently during the wipe, something became corrupted, as I can't get marshmallow to load at all now. Boots to the verizon screen, and then reboots.

Attempted to reflash the stock ROM via Odin, and get an auth. failure. Apparently, there is a setting that needs to be disabled for this to work. Unfortunately, I can't get the phone to load to get to the menu. So that idea is off the table.

Right now, I'm about to try to load the ROM via SDK, but I'm flying blind, as pushing command lines isn't really my forte.

Any other ideas from the collective brain trust?

You in VZ? Thier upgrade assistant tool is really good at force flashing phones.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-80200/

Also hit xda forums, fewer bikers and more phone geeks over there. There will be an s5 specific forum.

Still got the crowbar?

My s5 did pretty much the same thing. But sometimes if it did boot the screen would stay blacked out.  What really pissed me off was i just paid it off the week before.  So i took it to the sprint store and they didnt even want to look at it they just said to each other of the employees order a new one.  I said i dont want a new one can you just look at it.  So they started a factory reset and at some point during the reset it did something and they were quick to just give up on it.  I dont like that every 2 years they have forced a new phone on me because they force software updates that eat up all the memory on my phone and then it runs super slow. I dont run a hundred apps, Facebook, or take a lot of videos. If anyone thinks they can fix it for me( i dont do computer stuff) your more than welcome. 

13 minutes ago, o-no-moto said:

My s5 did pretty much the same thing. But sometimes if it did boot the screen would stay blacked out.  What really pissed me off was i just paid it off the week before.  So i took it to the sprint store and they didnt even want to look at it they just said to each other of the employees order a new one.  I said i dont want a new one can you just look at it.  So they started a factory reset and at some point during the reset it did something and they were quick to just give up on it.  I dont like that every 2 years they have forced a new phone on me because they force software updates that eat up all the memory on my phone and then it runs super slow. I dont run a hundred apps, Facebook, or take a lot of videos. If anyone thinks they can fix it for me( i dont do computer stuff) your more than welcome. 

I'm done with Samsung.  I had an S4 that was replaced under warranty 3 times.  They told me that the S4 was known for hardware issues. Every one had phantom screen presses.  I finally gave up and bought an unlocked Nexus 6.

I personally want to kick sprint to the curb.  I can get a htc that i want to get a monthly 45$ unlimited talk text and data plan from walmart on a straight talk plan.  Anyone have any experience with there phone plans? Can i use my own phone or do i need to get a phone there to work on there network

11 minutes ago, o-no-moto said:

I personally want to kick sprint to the curb.  I can get a htc that i want to get a monthly 45$ unlimited talk text and data plan from walmart on a straight talk plan.  Anyone have any experience with there phone plans? Can i use my own phone or do i need to get a phone there to work on there network

As I understand it, it depends what phone you get. They just use others networks. So some on vz, some on sprint.

2 hours ago, Tonik said:

As I understand it, it depends what phone you get. They just use others networks. So some on vz, some on sprint.

Some on GSM some on CDMA networks. but yes most phones will work, may need to force network addresses for data to work.

Phones will need to be clear of any contracts, cleared to use on any other network.