Torc t14 Mako vs Speed and Strength 1500 Sun visor helmets

motocat12

Got a clearance(small head) Torc t14 (blue and white) for my main helmet to replace an SS1500.

Weight is 3.30 to 3.35 both are Thermoplastic Alloy

t14 pads are thick lycra? SS1500 cheekpads are worn mesh and on hot sweating days of and on  running errands will abrade my cheeks a bit.

t14 has a chin spoiler that rubs against my chin and gets in the way of where my standard handhold was +No more footpeg hanging?. ss1500 no chin spoiler, wind actually shoots  dust into the eye area. Has a chin mounted pump that I forget to use but my chin hits when i jut it forward to block the wind dust from flying in.

t14 is a semi loud woosher ss1500 is a mild whistler (is that a siren?)

t14 sun visor is springless side mounted slider and if not fully clicked up will fall back down. ss1500 is a springed lever and button on the bottom edge. Both adequately dark

t14 feels like I'm rebreathing air with the stock snap in breath shield .ss1500 jam in shield twice the size works better on either helmet.

t14 straps are half as thick and have skinny d rings, upper d ring got wedged behind the cheekpad when I spread the straps to pull on. SS15 has zip quick release, had to add a grommet for helmet lock.

t14 visor is thicker(more expensive to replace) has two front tabs. ss1500 visor is flimsy sounding, tab on side. One screw holding the  visor mount plate went missing

Mako t14.jpg