Fairings

andrewalexander522

I personally have ordered 3 different kits on eBay. All 3 from different sellers from China. They all have turned out great. Sure each of them had some minor imperfections but for $354 I will not complain. 2 of the kits went on bikes I flipped. When I was finished the bikes looked like they were OEM. It does take some patience and finnangling fitting the fairings. The final kit was for a 1000rr I purchased for myself. I think it looks awesome.

This was OEMlarge.image.jpeg

here is the eBay fairingslarge.image.jpeg

note: For Honda you don't have to worry about color match with tank since it has a plastic cowl over it. All 3 of my kits have been for a Honda. The color match on the tank would be my biggest concern for a gsxr. Fairingdeal was 1 of the companies I dealt with on eBay and they seemed the best with communication and you could contact them about color match. 

• Upvote 1

eBay has tons of option, some company names I seen across forums were ezmoto and motomarts etc. all Chinese. Looks for features like injection molded fairing, kumho abs  plastics thickness of fairing and put generous amount of heat shields as they warp at hot zones. Take my advice with grain of salt as I don't have personal experience, but been looking myself to get a set as "crash protection" 

• Upvote 1

Doc is correct on the heat shield. He saw 1st hand what happened to my lowers. They got cooked. I just put the stock lowers back on and all is well. I was not thinking I shielded everything on the uppers just like the stock was shielded but I did not see any shielding on the lowers. Common sense should have told me to protect the lowers since the header is right there. Oops. 

• Upvote 1